Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HELP for my buddy

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
2001 7.3L Running BAD - Not on all cylinders.

Codes:
P1670
P1316
P0605
P1274
P1276

Holy schmokes! Any ideas on where to start for him?

blacksnapon

Staff member
p1670 ef feedback signal not detected .....p1316 injector circuit (idm codes detected)...............po605 internal control module rom error.......p1274 high to low side open, cyl 4......p1276 high to low side open, cyl 6. It almost looks like he's got something going on with the connector at the idm (behind the driver wheel well). Possibly the connector as well on the driver side valve cover.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I would start at the left valve cover, make sure the connector is cliped, if so pull the valve cover off check the harness under the cover make sure it's locked to the valvecover connector, also make sure it's not melted. Leave the valve cover off, check the bulkhead connector at the left valve cover make sure it didn't chafe any wires. If still nothing, pull left inner fender open at driver door area to access IDM check connector for water, i'd accually remove the idm and shake it making sure nothing is in it. Now if no obvious issue are found i'd replace the valve cover and under cover harness first and try again see how it runs. Also if you like PM me your email address and i'll email you some pinpoint tests if you really wanna get involved....

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Dave, thanks. He's gonna start with Vince's ideas in the morning, if that doesn't work, he'll move on to yours, then if no luck, I'll get back to you.

Thanks to Vince and Dave for the quick replies!!

And to Aaron for reminding everyone that this site is for fun too!

BTW Aaron: 'tool' smilieneenar

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I would start at the left valve cover, make sure the connector is cliped, if so pull the valve cover off check the harness under the cover make sure it's locked to the valvecover connector, also make sure it's not melted. Leave the valve cover off, check the bulkhead connector at the left valve cover make sure it didn't chafe any wires.
BINGO!! It was loose inside the valve cover. On the outside of the valve cover it has a safety catch to keep from coming unplugged, BUT underneath, it was loose and they plugged it back in, but they said that it seems easy to unplug like there's no safety catch of any kind. Is there supposed to be a catch on the inside plug?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
BINGO!! It was loose inside the valve cover. On the outside of the valve cover it has a safety catch to keep from coming unplugged, BUT underneath, it was loose and they plugged it back in, but they said that it seems easy to unplug like there's no safety catch of any kind. Is there supposed to be a catch on the inside plug?

It should stay locked. There probably worn may just want to replace them so it doesn't happen again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts