Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

emergency!!!!

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
i need your help! run my 2000 7.3 out of fuel on a hill and cant get it started. what do i need to do to purge the system and get it started agian?

thanks for any help given. it will be much appreciated

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
is there a water separation bowl under the hood?I'm not familiar with these newer systems...if not you may need to crack a fuel line open as close to the engine as possible...then turn the key forward multiple times to prime the sysytem like when you have replaced the filter.Or...you could crank it over and over and over and over and over and let the injectors force the air out of the system but the first choice is much easier.Good luck.

Michigan
My dads truck doesnt have a Water fuel seperator, 02 7.3. Take the POWERSTROKE Cover off, and pull your fuel filter out, and dump some diesel down in there. Keep on cycling the key, and try starting again.

Michigan
haha Thanks dude i made it myself. Progressively getting better with photoshop. At least he got it fixed lol

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
My dads truck doesnt have a Water fuel seperator, 02 7.3. Take the POWERSTROKE Cover off, and pull your fuel filter out, and dump some diesel down in there. Keep on cycling the key, and try starting again.

The filter housing is the water separator, there is a yellow or black lever on the back of it that allows you to drain it.

Ford Truck Articles