Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Midland 75-822 CB radio

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Anyone familiar with this radio?

I'm kind of tempted by one, primarily for use in my car but also to be a little more portable to other cars. Figuring to use a Lil'Wil or similar smallish mag-mount, at least for now.

https://www.rightchannelradios.com/...ucts/midland-75-822-mobile-cb-radio-w-car-kit

I've got a Uniden 68 in my pickup, but the car is probably going to become my go-to road trip rig...and the Uniden is just too big to readily mount anywhere in there. (Honestly, it's too big for the Ranger too. I just like it 'cause it looks cool.)

Use to mess with CB's in the 80's ,the Midland was a damn good budget radio back then!

That said ,they are a good radio ,the trick is on a good reception ,is to make sure that the antenna wire is done in the right incriments in length!...:)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah, I'm a little rusty on the details but I'll do some reading before I set the antenna up.

That said, I'm going for a portable-ish setup, and I know that'll hurt performance some. I'm kind of ok with that...not thrilled, obviously, but I do want something I can move car-to-car.

Yeah, I'm a little rusty on the details but I'll do some reading before I set the antenna up.

That said, I'm going for a portable-ish setup, and I know that'll hurt performance some. I'm kind of ok with that...not thrilled, obviously, but I do want something I can move car-to-car.

I don't know about what they have now ,but they where a competitive radio
for 30 years that I know of!.....smiliepopcorn

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good radio
Have it tuned, it will walk and talk just like the 68
Use a permanent mount antenna, not a magnet. You can unscrew it when you need too
You can get good trunk mount brackets.
Ground the antenna

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Cool, thanks.

Yeah, I know I should go with a fixed antenna...maybe in a few years.

Ford Truck Articles