Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Filler Problem

1994 F150, 4.9, automatic, 114k miles, longbed... just had trouble filling my front tank on my truck today. Put the nozzle in and pumped gas in but nozzle shut off almost immediately when gas backed up in filler tube. Kept trying and could only get nozzle to run for a second or so each time. It acts like the tank is full but I know for sure that it is not. Later tried slowly pouring gas into tank from a gas can but had the same backup problem in the filler tube. Is there a vent or some other device that would keep the fuel from flowing into the tank? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I think you have a vent (top of the tank) problem.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
is there an evap canister in those?

Might be plugged up if so

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
There is a hose inside the fill that has come off. you need to take the fill loose from the side of the truck, take the hose off the back, and fix the inside hose.

The way it works, you put gas in, and it runs down the interior hose, pushing the air back out around the interior hose, and passed the nozzle into the recovery system of the station

When the inside hose is off, it pushes air back, and fuel can't go in the tank

Ford Truck Articles