Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stuck bolt

Hi i'm completely new here and RidgeRunner sent me.
He said that you guys were great with fords.
I have a 93 f150 with the 5.0 and 4x4. All stock other than that (as far as i know) I was replacing the timing chain and the two bolts holding the water pump and the timing/cam cover are seize and broken off in the block.
i got off all the other bolts. I had to break off both the cam/timing cover and the water pump to even get the timing chain exposed. :headbang:
I think the problem is just my ford but I get so mad that i just curse ford all together. I hope to convert to ford though lol.
Any help to get those two bolts out would be awesome. one thing i really do not wanna do is drill and tap. I've tried welding a nut to the bolt but didn't work. I'm going to try an easy out next week. I work nights during the week and am working on two other cars.
Also if you wanna buy a truck pm me. lol (i just don't need a truck and if you can fix it....)
Thanks a bunch

blacksnapon

Staff member
Unfortunately, if theres no bolt remnants to grab on to, drill and tap is all thats left. You might try left hand drill bits (use at low speeds).

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Keep applying some PB Blaster (or other penetrant) to the bolt regularly for a day or so, then get some reverse drill bits like Vince recommended, and try those. If they don't back out the bolt, then you've drilled a hole that you can use for an easy out, which should be your next attempt. If THAT doesn't get it out, then drill and tap is probably your best bet from there.

Ford Truck Articles