Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 6.7 F-450 Its A Beast!!!!

I recently got two 2011 6.7Ltr F-450s. I was going to wait till I had more wheel time with them both to start a thread with my input on them but I have had quite an interest from other members about them.

To make it simple... They are AMAZING!!!!

The first one I got was a 4x2 regular cab xl with a 16' box and a power lift gate. When the truck got delivered i was a little leery about it being top heavy because it 12' tall and narrow. Ive put over 1000 miles on it so far and it rides beautiful. Theres very little sway. I have no complaints at all with power, acceleration, turning radius, handling, comfort and over all ease o operation.

The second truck I got was a 4x4 regular cab xl mason dump with power windows, locks, mirrors, and upgraded stereo. Being this is the truck Im going to be driving the most I wanted a few more comfort features. I havent had the chance to haul many loads with this truck yet. I did a few 1 cord firewood loads. It didn't squat and i forgot I was loaded because there was no hesitation at all. This truck definately got a work out pushing snow. We got between 8"-10" of snow. I plowed 5 driveways and the parking lots and yard at work (about 3 acres) with no problem. The truck pushed thru the snow, drifts, and banks like they werent even there. Even driving around with the plow on and 2 ton of 3/4 clean stone in the body (for weight and taction) the truck rode smooth and straight. My only complaint with this truck so far is the fuel milage while plowing but thats understandable. with the blade down plowing lots and the yard I was getting 5 mpg. Normal around town in both trucks is around 12.

Ok... enough of me ranting. Overall I LOVE these trucks and the motors. Ill post a few pics and vids. Feel free to ask any questions or leave comments.

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

BEASTBOX-3.png

BEASTBOX.png

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice trucks

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You've got to be one of the first guys anywhere to really put the new truck to work!

Is the motor as quiet as they advertised for a diesel?

Thanks for the post Cowboy!

Ryan

Thanks guys. Quiet is an understatement. Im used to my 7.3 that barks and cackles and you can hear from a mile away. The new 6.7 is almost silent. Even under a load you can barely hear it. I want to say the new gassers are louder. Its kinda heartbreaking for me. Its got everything a diesel should except the sound. lol. Watch the videos i posted and crank up your volume. You can actually hear the plow hydraulics over the engine noise.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I want yer trucks! :D

I've learned that I like quiet after having a few vehicles without mufflers or sound dampening.

I want yer trucks! :D

I've learned that I like quiet after having a few vehicles without mufflers or sound dampening.

Normally I like a quiet ride myself, but theres definately something about the sound of a loud diesel that I cant let go. I have to look into the new diesel emissions laws to see what im allowed to play with on the 2011s to try giving them a lil better note.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Normally I like a quiet ride myself, but theres definately something about the sound of a loud diesel that I cant let go. I have to look into the new diesel emissions laws to see what im allowed to play with on the 2011s to try giving them a lil better note.

I completely understand. :D

Luckily, around here, there are no restrictions to diesels.

I completely understand. :D

Luckily, around here, there are no restrictions to diesels.

The feds are cracking down hardcore on all diesels. Thats a major part in why all the new trucks are so quiet and emissions friendly. DEF and Urea systems are the manufacturers way of keeping emissions down. If it wasnt for those systems the new diesels could be making alot more hp and tq and fuel milage would be amazing. But hey... we gotta do what we gotta do to make they guy in the big white house happy. My 96 is grandfathered into the new laws so she can still be as loud as she wants and roll coal all day long :)

Ford Truck Articles