Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DAMN!!.. flywheel bolt overtighten!!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
it said on the internet to tight the bolts to 65-75 FTlbs of trq

we set the trq wrench at 70 and becan tighting 3 of the 5 clicked they got on good but the other 2.. didnt.. we overtightened them now the question is now.. is the bolts bad of the crank?? oh and we tried to loosen it and it wont come oout just keeps spinning...

can i use larger bolts instead?? or something like that? any ideas???

ugh... should always tighten circular patterns all handtight FIRST, then criss-cross snug, THEN torque...
If it's stripped in the crank flange, you might get by helicoiling it. if it's just a stripped bolt, new bolts after chasing the hole with a tap.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ugh... should always tighten circular patterns all handtight FIRST, then criss-cross snug, THEN torque...
If it's stripped in the crank flange, you might get by helicoiling it. if it's just a stripped bolt, new bolts after chasing the hole with a tap.

im gonna extract them tomorrow.. i think the bolts where weak.. they where cheap ones.!!

if i cant find the correct bolts? can i buy other bolts with differend heads on them? i know a store i got good bolts there but the heads are L wrench ones

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Jurgen, if you can't find the right bolts, pm me or call me and I'll look to see if I have any I can send you.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Jurgen, if you can't find the right bolts, pm me or call me and I'll look to see if I have any I can send you.

thanks.. ill give you a call later!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
thank god.. the bolts i got where some how weak and short...

i got some good ones at napa they are like 1/2 longer.. and the threads of the crank where fine :)

Thanks for filling us in on that... always nice to have the right part, hehe...
Thank God for NAPA

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Thanks for filling us in on that... always nice to have the right part, hehe...
Thank God for NAPA

lol yup im just glad the crank threads are not damaged! and i was at napa at 7.55 rise and shine! they open at 8 ..! i got the last set in stock too! lol..

hope i didnt call tony tooo early i called him about that hour also..

its now time to take a nap.. i was up partying all night and came home at 6.30 and got out do all my errands and now i can take a nap to wake up later and put the engine inn :D

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I normally wake up about 5:30 or 6.I don't always stay up, but I always wake up early. Glad Napa had them. If you ever run into any small thing like that, let me know. If I can get it here cheaper and ship it, I'd be glad to help.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I normally wake up about 5:30 or 6.I don't always stay up, but I always wake up early. Glad Napa had them. If you ever run into any small thing like that, let me know. If I can get it here cheaper and ship it, I'd be glad to help.

thanks buddy!

Ford Truck Articles