Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Manual transmission fluid

I'm probably going to make sure the fork is in adjustment and maybe change out the master and slave cylinder because they are fairly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely sounds like a hydraulic problem. Also possible to just be a failed throwout, but that would also come with noise. The master cylinder fill is to the engine side of the brake booster.

Master cylinder is full and not losing any fluid. And it chatters a little bit but it's very hard to hear and not all the time. So the throw out may be going bad but it hasn't gave out yet.

Fellro

Staff member
I'm probably going to make sure the fork is in adjustment and maybe change out the master and slave cylinder because they are fairly cheap.

No adjustment as the hydraulic system takes up any slack.

One other check, look at the bushing on the actuator rod from the pedal to master. Factory, it is just a plastic bushing and can commonly fail. the 92 has that issue. It got so bad that I put an adjustable actuator rod in... I also modified it to take a bronze bushing.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
glad to hear you finally have it fixed..

glad to hear you finally have it fixed..

Me too. The slave cylinder had what looked like rust in it and the nylon bushing was completely gone. I went ahead and did the master cylinder while I was at it so I didn't have to change it later on. It's like a new truck!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
lol sometimes ill do that too if i have the extra funds...

thats a big reason why i dont concentrate on just half the posters questions.. too many people do when offering help and end up giving too many false suggestions to correct problems while ignoring what could be the real reason..

Ford Truck Articles