Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pulled the trigger on an Extang Trifecta cover..

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
OK, I guess I'm going over the edge spending $$ on my truck. First it was the sprayed on liner, and now it's the Trifecta floding cover... I guess I rationalized but it did kind of made sense. I needed to protect my stuff from rain and curious eyes while I travel (planning a trip to the 4 corner states). Also, I hear that my mpg might improve...
Anyway, I called around and found them for $395. However, when you call, they drop the prices. Got one direct from Extang. They matched another site's low price, $369 shipped and includes a tailgate seal of some sort...
Can't wait to get it!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Congrats. It will be money well spent to protect your stuff on your trip.

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
Thanks, I hope it will work well. I did read of a complaint about it not sealing well in some one's F150, although it's not a 9th gen.... I'm pretty excited about it although it was a chunk of change.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
probably doesn't seal 100% but will keep most of the wet out.

most people forget that there is a gap between the bottom of the tailgate and the bed. This spot will let some water in as well. My top actually came with a weather seal to put there, I haven't put it on though.

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
probably doesn't seal 100% but will keep most of the wet out.

most people forget that there is a gap between the bottom of the tailgate and the bed. This spot will let some water in as well. My top actually came with a weather seal to put there, I haven't put it on though.

They included that seal with the cover :) ... Why haven't you installed yours yet?

Ford Truck Articles