Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford's All-New 6.7-Liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Probably will be, it just goes against everything that is normal.

I'm hoping the fuel mileage is better as well, I know a few guys with 450's with 4.88's and it is pretty horrible.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I'm with Tony, I think this thing is going to tank, their trying to build it like a Corvette engine and not a truck engine..
I have a feeling its going to go boom :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm with Tony, I think this thing is going to tank, their trying to build it like a Corvette engine and not a truck engine..
I have a feeling its going to go boom :)

I sure hope not, for Ford's sake!....and I ain't waitin' forever for a new truck!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Aluminum heads, thin wall casting for the block. This could either be a modern marvel or a technical disaster.

16.2, down from 16.7

Exactly,smiliewhathesaid they keep thinning the build structure of the diesel motors. Real world daily use will find out if this new design will last. I will be curious to see how this new motor holds up to high ambiant temperatures and heavy towing. Only thing in Ford's favor is the low compression of diesel engines now. At 16.2 were close to gas motor range. At low compression weaker/lighter motor components can be used. Also on a side note low comression lowers NOx output but it kills fuel mileage, gotta love government mandates and thought process.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts