Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1995 F-250 Instrument lighting.

I want to replace all the bulbs on my instrument cluster. I have the tach on the right, 4 gauges on the left and the speedometer. What type of bulbs, color and quantity do I need before I start. I'd like to have them on hand when I pull it apart. Seems like it's also cheaper to buy them online in bulk than at the local parts house. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks like all the bulbs are either 194 or 161. They are the same size, with a difference in wattage. Any lights that look like a different color probably have a colored insert in the bulb housing.

Fellro

Staff member
Oh, LED's can and will fail too, just not from a burned out filament.

Most of the bulbs are clear, then the colored lighting you see unless it is backlighting shows through a colored lens.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Oh, LED's can and will fail too, just not from a burned out filament.

Most of the bulbs are clear, then the colored lighting you see unless it is backlighting shows through a colored lens.

Heat and vibration kill leds....when i bought my w9 i went through 194s inside like they were goin out of style...i switched to grand general leds for all my inside lights and have yet to replace a single one, and they are brighter...

Thanks y'all for the advice. I had looked at the led's and was hoping someone would post about their effectiveness. I still would like to know how many I need to get a head start on the process. I live in a little town and parts are hard to come by. Looking at the local parts store for 194ll's I'm looking at $50 for 10. Is that about right or should I go ahead and led the dang thing and hopefully be done with the process ?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
$50 for a 10 pack of 194 ll's sounds WAY out of line. You can get wagner 194 ll's on Amazon(10 pack) for $8.

I don't know how many bulbs you would need.

Ford Truck Articles