Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ABS Codes

Michigan
I need help finding ABS Codes. I plan on getting my cruise control fixed when i get my income tax return, i do alot of highway driving and i figured i could save some mileage by setting the cruise just below 2k rpm as well as stay out of trouble. My ABS Light is on, and i want to figure out why that doesnt work. So i need help figuring out how to run the abs codes, as well as what they all mean. I already checked out ford fuel injection dot com but i came up empty. I dont really wanna deal with that other site. So i figured id ask here! my new home lol :wavey:

hey i had the same problem with that abs light. i dont have the answer you're looking for because i gave up and just took the bulb out of the cluster.smilietease

Michigan
yea i gave up several times, im back at it again. I really want it!

Using 12V test light or ABS warning light:

Locate red ABS data link connector and install 12V test light between Pins C (Circuit 603 [DG]) and E (Circuit 57 [BK]).
If no test light is available, ABS warning light will flash.
Jumper ABS data link connector Pins B (Circuit 606 [BK/LB]) and E (Circuit 57 [BK]).

Key in RUN.
Count flashes.

NOTE:
Digits will be separated by 3-6 seconds. Diagnostic trouble codes will be separated by 15 seconds.

Record all codes. When flashing stops there are no codes remaining.

Remove jumper in ABS TEST connector.

Code 11 Retrieved
Code 16 Retrieved
Reference Voltage/Intermittent Valve Fault (Code 17)
Front Left Inlet Solenoid Valve Concern Diagnosis (Code 22)
Front Left Outlet Solenoid Concern Diagnosis (Code 23)
Front Right Inlet Solenoid Valve Concern Diagnosis (Code 24)
Front Right Outlet Solenoid Valve Concern Diagnosis (Code 25)
Rear Axle Inlet Solenoid Valve Concern Diagnosis (Code 26)
Rear Axle Outlet Solenoid Concern Diagnosis (Code 27)
Left Front Brake Anti-Lock Sensor Diagnosis (Static) (Code 31)
Right Front Brake Anti-Lock Sensor Diagnosis (Code 32)
Rear Axle Speed Sensor Diagnosis (Code 33)
Left Front Brake Anti-Lock Sensor Diagnosis (Dynamic) (Codes 35, 41, 55, 75)
Left Front Brake Anti-Lock Sensor Diagnosis (Dynamic) (Codes 35, 41, 55, 75)
Right Front Brake Anti-Lock Sensor Diagnosis (Dynamic) (Codes 36, 42, 56, 76)
Rear Axle Speed Sensor Diagnosis (Dynamic) (Codes 37, 43, 57, 77)
Hydraulically Inoperative Front Left Outlet Valve or Sensor Disturbance Detected Diagnosis (Code 51)
Hydraulically Inoperative Right Front Outlet Valve or Sensor Disturbance Detected Diagnosis (Code 52)
Hydraulically Inoperative Rear Axle Outlet Valve or Sensor Disturbance Detected Diagnosis (Code 53)
Pump Motor Triggered But Did Not Run (Code 63)
Acceleration Sensor (Code 65)
Pump Motor Running but Not Triggered (Code 67)

1995BroncoABS.gif

/

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I need help finding ABS Codes. I plan on getting my cruise control fixed when i get my income tax return, i do alot of highway driving and i figured i could save some mileage by setting the cruise just below 2k rpm as well as stay out of trouble. My ABS Light is on, and i want to figure out why that doesnt work. So i need help figuring out how to run the abs codes, as well as what they all mean. I already checked out ford fuel injection dot com but i came up empty. I dont really wanna deal with that other site. So i figured id ask here! my new home lol :wavey:

Have you had your cruise disconnected ? When we do the recall for the cruise sometimes it'll put the abs light on.

Michigan
I have the recall pig tail, but i didnt touch the ABS Thanks for the info

Michigan
Its on as soon as the engine starts, doesnt ever go off.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Its on as soon as the engine starts, doesnt ever go off.

Ok, I was going to say if it came on only when you started to drive that one of the abs sensors isn't reading correctly, but if it's on as soon as you start it, could be any number of things. Private Message me your email address, I found a TSB that you could take a look at.

Michigan
Hey sorry about that first PM, Definatly just glanced at your post. The Second PM has my email. Thanks alot for ur help

Michigan
K i got it, Im gonna go check that out, Im gonna also take apart my other hub, and re take apart the one i just did..... Yay.

Michigan
Yea it spins great, bout the same as the other side. But i dont want to have something dumb happen.

Michigan
ok man i fooled around a bit, I checked to see if any of those wires looked bad that ran from the battery, solinoid and starter and everything, I pulled the plug off of my servo for the cruise and ran that scematic you gave me in the email, i have power going to it, but nothing else from then on. I checked all my fuses and relays and everything checked out good except for fuse number 1 in the power distribution center. It was for my audio controls and it was blown? Kinda weird becasue i still have my radio working.... Im gonna look more into it tomorrow. What are you thinking saying i have power going into the servo?

Michigan
Ok last night i checked it out, i looked at the postive cable and wires that ran down to the starter for anything bad like corrosion, pin holes or chafing and i couldnt find anything, they looked like they was in good condition to me. So im going to look into the cruise tonight.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
You can ohm out the switches in the wheel by puting you meter leads across the DG/O wire and LB/BK and press each button checking the resistance. Also I noticed in the wiring diagram that it is possible the abs issue could be related to the cruise no working.

Attachments

• cruise.jpg
Michigan
Heres a new one for ya, My horn always worked. Well today i was cut off and i went to use it and lo and behold! It didnt work! When i lock my door for the theft it honks? Im waiting for it to warm up to go back outside, its bee sub zero temps up here.. Are you getting your information from Alldata? I was gonna go get some info off there today but for some reason i desided not to...

Michigan
Thats what i was thinking, only i had the horn a couple of days ago, at least i thought? That would be great if it was just a broken clock spring, How can i tell if its broke or not without the air bags going off in my face? lol

Ford Truck Articles