Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Economical and portable brake bleeder

Why spend $10 + for each speed bleeder when you can make a simple universal one for a little over $5!

23ce1ff3ad893842da3ca9204b47cea9.jpg

Go into the pet department of your local wal mart, or pet store, and purchase an aquarium air line check valve. Then hit your junk box, hardware store, or auto parts store and get some rubber tube. Voila! Portable, reusable, universal one man speed bleeder!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Neat... but ive always just used a piece of hose (if i wanted to not make a mess other times didnt care) w/ bottle on the bottom or just a drain pan to be the catch can.. then someone with a foot to push the pedal.. seemed to always work the best for me... the vacuum bleeders never seem to get all the air out or its letting it in havent figured out which yet...

Neat... but ive always just used a piece of hose (if i wanted to not make a mess other times didnt care) w/ bottle on the bottom or just a drain pan to be the catch can.. then someone with a foot to push the pedal.. seemed to always work the best for me... the vacuum bleeders never seem to get all the air out or its letting it in havent figured out which yet...
This is specifically for a one man job. You can always put hose on the other end as well to prevent a mess. The purpose of the check valve is to prevent it from sucking air as you come off the pedal.

prefect use of the the old noodle! i like it!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Interesting idea, thanks for posting it!

Ford Truck Articles