Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

april chat thread

Happy Saturday everyone
finally getting some much needed rain

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good morning all. The seed and straw I put down wed turned into a stream. Someone down the road is going to have a nice yard!!!!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
All rain here, the sun came out for a while, but it's back to raining

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
misty rain here, I guess if it were a little colder, it would be snow.

LOL, on snow until memorial day!

More gas mileage for Ford F 350 dually

Hi all;
Sorry, I have not been on lately. Been rather busy with work, kids, and school of my own; need a little assistance with my 351 Windsor. I have vacuum line and EGR valve issues; need help understanding and/or diagram of the vacuum lines that go with this engine. Also where I might find a new or used EGR valve for the 351 Windsor.

Was wondering if anyone knew what the gas mileage is for my 350 dually long bed would be. At present I'm getting around 7 to 8 miles per gallon in city and approximately 12 miles per gallon on the highway.
I put in Bosch four point platinum plugs that have helped with accelerator lag during my driving. However I would like to get more gas mileage out of this engine any suggestions.
Thanks in advance with your help.

smilieFordlogo

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
The egr valve with the sensor will run just under $200 at napa. I went to Crazy Rays just down from you on fort smallwood road. $25. My f 250 with the 351 gets 10-12 mpg, and no matter what I do to it, that's the best it will do.
The bosh plugs are to me just too much money, for no gain, Smokey is right about the plugs, I use the autolites too

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good morning everyone!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Morning all. It raining and on the cool side here today. I decided to skip the Car show and swap at Carlisle today due to the weather. Will hit a auction and hope to find a treasure or at least a snap on wrench.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Can't say as I blame you. It's not raining here yet, but there's enough rain in the air, it won't be long. At least I got everything cut before it started raining.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I went out and dug up a bunch of lilac bushes to give to a friend that was looking for the colors I had. Broke my spade shovel handle on the first shovel full of dirt. Will pick up a new one later today It was a shovel I had for at least 20 years got my moneys worth out of It.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Last one I bought has a fiberglass handle. so far so good, and keep in mind my grown children put everything I buy "to the test". I'm pretty sure they never use anything for the purpose it was designed for.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Hahahahaha, yeah, testers of your tools. And when they break, you bought cheap junk, lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts