Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

"new" EEC start up concern chek the vid out..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i had an EEC problem fuel pump wont stop running ... so i got an EEC from a friend he only knows its a 5.8 E4OD EEC-IV OBD1 he doesnt remember wich car/truck it was from.. but nway the EEC is gr8 no problems at all idles smoot rides good tranny shifts good
the only concern i have is when startup with warm engine

it starts like it wants to die.. but then smoothens out and idles gr8 for how long you want.. :guns:

here is a vid startup and a little ride around the block.
NOTE: i never touched the trottle untill 0:28

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/demon6696/?action=view&current=newEECstartupconcern.flv

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
update on this problem... @ i know now that the ECU its from an ambulance

soo.. i asked my teacher about this problem he was an ex mechanic with lots of experience..

i told him about this problem.. he knew right away what it was..

he said the trottle body butterflies are to close you got to open them up a bit.. untill the TPS reaches 0.6V i dont know if anyones truck has this but mine has a small bolt under the trottle body cable like so
IMGP7503.jpg

i just opened it a bit and it starts better.. i have to fine tune it and open it to the 0.6V mark on the tps but i havent got a volt meter right now..

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Glad you figured out the problem. I think it's funny, taking a video while driving the truck. Safety First! :p

I love the way your truck sounds.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Jurgen always takes all his videos at night drivin lol.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
haha thanks..

its a vid around the block lol i didnt even go over 20 MPH :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts