Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for ranger

I'm looking fora new Ranger
2.3L
Manual (preferred)
Yellow (preferred)
XLT (Sport is fine)

All the local dealers seem to have is white XL's.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So how many of these threads are you planning on doing with different vehicles??????? I'll say the same thing I've said the other times...CL, ebay, online classifieds...they're definitely out there.

I said new brother. So lets ee this is the third thread I've made on a similar topic, yes that's too many but I can't change the past.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You don't think dealers advertise on ebay or CL???????? Shoot pick up the local truck trader, and I'm sure you'll even see the dealers putting their rides in there under dealer sections. But you can hop on Ford's website, build the truck you want...and then somewhere in there, it asks you if you want to see who has the vehicle you built.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Have you had a dealer run a locate? That's about the quickest, easiest way to find the "needle in a haystack."

You didn't mention cab- if you're looking for a regular cab, guaranteed it'll be a White XL. Not much call for those other than company fleets (and they're usually V6, Auto, A/C units) or ad leaders.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Then it must not exist...OOOOOOOOOOOR...you're not looking hard enough. I mean c'mon, across the whole country, no one has what you're looking for?

Well Edmunds listed a silver and a red regular cab but i didn't see them on the dealer website. Yes, I'm looking fora regular cab.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
He needs a dealer database, not Ebay Ben. There's a ton of inventory out there that isn't accessable through outside databases.

I realize that...that's why I suggested going to the Ford website...building what he wanted, and then there's a search feature to see if there's a dealer in your area possibly even the country...but definitely within 500 miles...that has what you want.

It just gets a little old that he's made a few threads about a vehicle he's gonna get and made mention of several others that he's gonna get in different threads. I know I don't have to click on the thread, but he's wasting someone's time that replies...and it's not like he's going to follow through on buying. I'll bet there will be another thread just like this one up in a week. Rant over.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
It just gets a little old that he's made a few threads about a vehicle he's gonna get and made mention of several others that he's gonna get in different threads. I know I don't have to click on the thread, but he's wasting someone's time that replies...and it's not like he's going to follow through on buying. I'll bet there will be another thread just like this one up in a week. Rant over.

With all due respect, Who pee'd in your cheerios this morning? So he posted a few threads about vehicles he's looking at, at least he isn't arguing with other members or anything like that.. how many threads have we posted that was just random crap? and he isn't jumping on the first thing he sees like soooo many people do.

Thats just how I see it. YelloThumbUp

As for the truck, good luck finding it.. gonna be one heck of a search it sounds like.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I realize that...that's why I suggested going to the Ford website...building what he wanted, and then there's a search feature to see if there's a dealer in your area possibly even the country...but definitely within 500 miles...that has what you want.

I know. I'm just familiar with Ford's database vs. what's available to the general public.

Only problem is Edmunds is about two weeks behind real-time. Unbelievably, as backwards as GM can be, their own database is a good 3-5 days more current than Ford's. If you're a dealer (or a customer), that's a lot.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
With all due respect, Who pee'd in your cheerios this morning? So he posted a few threads about vehicles he's looking at, at least he isn't arguing with other members or anything like that.. how many threads have we posted that was just random crap? and he isn't jumping on the first thing he sees like soooo many people do.

As for the truck, good luck finding it.. gonna be one heck of a search it sounds like.

Absolutely, spot-on. YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

You're right...but that random crap isn't asking somebody to help them find something that takes another member's time and effort, that they have no intentions of looking at, much less purchasing. If you haven't noticed, that's why some knowledgeable people leave sites, or don't come around this one that often...because the people asking for advice/help don't listen and don't respect what's said anyway. To me, it's just disrespectful, and one reason why I hate having little kids on sites like this. It's Kinda like the boy who cried wolf. Not trying to be a thread nazi or anything, but I've told him several times to just start a thread and tell us what he's looking for so we can give advice...and he can make educated decisions from there...and as he comes across something, post it in that thread. Hell, I probably wouldn't take as personally, except for the fact that he asked me to keep up on a truck for him in my area...ok fine...but don't waste my time, the sellers time and anyone else who may be in involved...unless Tyler, you are still in fact planning on purchasing that lifted flareside in my area. In which case...I'll recant everything I said and apologize.

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
You're right...but that random crap isn't asking somebody to help them find something that takes another member's time and effort, that they have no intentions of looking at, much less purchasing. If you haven't noticed, that's why some knowledgeable people leave sites, or don't come around this one that often...because the people asking for advice/help don't listen and don't respect what's said anyway. To me, it's just disrespectful, and one reason why I hate having little kids on sites like this. It's Kinda like the boy who cried wolf. Not trying to be a thread nazi or anything, but I've told him several times to just start a thread and tell us what he's looking for so we can give advice...and he can make educated decisions from there...and as he comes across something, post it in that thread.

I think he's basically saying, if you run across one, let me know.. although I could be wrong.

Also, I believe he is relying on his parents to give him the go ahead on things.. unlike most of ya'll here. I'm sure you have had things that you thought was going great.. and then parents say "no way, that ain't gonna fly.."

As for the "little kids" remark, be glad there are future Ford buyers/car enthusiasts. He's here, learning what he can, and having fun.. isn't that what this is all about?

Not trying to defend him, or argue with you. It's just it kinda struck a nerve, when he basically got told off, for no reason..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's fine Tyler...not gonna post in this thread again...it just strikes a nerve with me wasting other people's time, be it the seller, members finding stuff for him, or go betweens...if some how we could see into the future and knew this was it...fine, but as I said earlier...I bet there will be more of these to come. It's just a pet peeve of mine...no a big thing, just rubs me the wrong way. Do a little research first then if you have questions, or you're serious about a rig...then bring it to the table.

I obviously realize I'm one of the biggest BSers on this site, but when someone says they're looking for something, I usually try to find the information they're looking for and that does take time, be it posting pics, finding parts, finding a vehicle for a guy or contacting someone I know knows the answer...and when I do that, I would like to think the member I did that for will utilize that information and not just toss it to the curb and repeatedly do the same thing. As a matter of fact, after my initial post, I spent probably 20-30 mins looking for what Taylor wanted again...but decided what's the point, it'll just be something else next week. Kinda makes me understand why guys like Bill and Dennis don't hang around as often. However, had he prefaced his threads/posts with an informal request like 'just keep and eye out'...that's totally different, and not as urgent...and there's no issue with that, IMO.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm looking fora new Ranger
2.3L
Manual (preferred)
Yellow (preferred)
XLT (Sport is fine)

All the local dealers seem to have is white XL's.

Couple years ago (fall '07) Dad was shopping for a new Ford. He knew exactly what he wanted (Focus ZX5, base trim, 5-speed, no options, silver), what he'd flex on (paint, ZX3 OK), and what he wouldn't (no automatics).

I spent hours and hours fighting with the Ford webpage to do my research on what was around the area at the time; the local dealership came up with better information in about 10 minutes.

If you're serious about buying that truck, walk into a dealership and let a salesman earn his paycheck.

If, on the other hand, you're just looking for the sake of looking (as I often do), it's really not worth the trouble of trying to find an oddball truck on a dealer's lot.

Ford Truck Articles