Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

poser shots

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
yeah if i hadnt wanted mine off, i'd get those chrome stepbars from you. As far as a Level II is concerned, i seen two on Autorader today that if the fiance wouldnt kill me, I'd go trade for in a heartbeat! I guess you need snow tires, but if I were you, I would trade or sell one or two sets of those snow tires and put some 245 BFG AT KOs on it. I love how mine performed in the snow and they make the truck look mean! I dont think your gas milage is gonna be much better than mine and i put 23000 miles on a vehichle in a year.

I think Ford was looking at EPA mileage and cost when they made the 15's std. this year on the XLT. Nick's '06 came standard with the 255's on 16's.

re: BFG KO's: We just put a set of Toyo Open Country A/T's on the Ranger (265/70-16's). Like them a lot better than the KO's. The KO's were great in the mud and OK on the snow, but absolutely sucked in standing water (hey, it's Oregon- this is a problem). They're also noisy, ride hard, and didn't wear the way the kid had hoped.

re: TPMS sensors: I'm pretty sure you can just reset them- shouldn't have to swap them out every time you change tires.

I think Ford was looking at EPA mileage and cost when they made the 15's std. this year on the XLT. Nick's '06 came standard with the 255's on 16's.

re: BFG KO's: We just put a set of Toyo Open Country A/T's on the Ranger (265/70-16's). Like them a lot better than the KO's. The KO's were great in the mud and OK on the snow, but absolutely sucked in standing water (hey, it's Oregon- this is a problem). They're also noisy, ride hard, and didn't wear the way the kid had hoped.

re: TPMS sensors: I'm pretty sure you can just reset them- shouldn't have to swap them out every time you change tires.

Your right, there reset if there location specific; And if not, then its not needed.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

I'm gonna pick up a second set of rims for the summer tires.

Even with the TPMS sensors I think it'll about break even over the life of the truck, and it saves me the hassle of trying to get an appointment to get them swapped at the same times of year as every other person in the state.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC

Ive heard nothing but bad things from the Toyos on my end. I just love how tires have such a wide range of reviews. I love my KOs. The ride quality is perfect, the tires are aesome in the snow, as far as water, I've not had any trouble. When i get tires again, i will get KOs (just bought some so I'm good). However, i was wanting to try the new GY Duratracs, but didnt have the $$# to fork out $174 a tire. I got my BFGs for $143 a tire installed.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Ive heard nothing but bad things from the Toyos on my end. I just love how tires have such a wide range of reviews. I love my KOs. The ride quality is perfect, the tires are aesome in the snow, as far as water, I've not had any trouble. When i get tires again, i will get KOs (just bought some so I'm good). However, i was wanting to try the new GY Duratracs, but didnt have the $$# to fork out $174 a tire. I got my BFGs for $143 a tire installed.

Nick grew to hate those KO's- primarily because they are soooo prone to hydroplaning. In western Oregon, with our rainfall, that's really a big issue. He also got less than 30,000 miles out of them- less than those crappy Wrangler RT/S's that come from factory. The road noise didn't bother him, but it annoyed the crap out of me. You could hear them hum coming up the street a few blocks away.

Since he's spending more of his time on-pavement these days, it really came down to Revo's or the Toyo's. I had great luck with Toyo's in the past, and I backed into a deal on a set of take-off's, so I'm pretty happy. He had our first snow event day before yesterday, and I'm told the truck did great.

Nothin illegal about retreads unless they don't have a DOT stamp on them.

Retreads are as strong as a brand new tire.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts