Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your 87-96 and 97 F250's and up

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
I rewired my flux capacitor to work as a time machine... Cept it malfunctioned and took me back to the 1400s and I saw Brad's birth!! :puke:

hahaha reps for that one!

Spike's 96

Here is a picture of my 96. Spike
I bought it at about 42K miles and we're up to 68K Stock 460 TBI some sort of positraction, ( I know nothing about the later trucks), auto, SuperCab, F350,Georgous candy red paint. I never needed to know anything because it has never broken anything(OK, the cruise button broke). I drive at 60-65 mph on the Interstate and get between 10 & 12 mpg empty. Pulling my trailer, it drops to 8 mpg, I can pass most anything but a gas station. It's a little harsh riding for my wife who has a spine held together with screws, plates and cages. She doesn't ride in it too often. I pull a 29 foot Jayco trailer and a 22 foot car trailer. I wanted to have options to move the load around, so it comes in handy. I am looking at what what things I can change on this truck to get better mileage & maybe more power ?
I have a K&N airfilter (stock replacement). Thinking of two separate filters connected to TB but that's all. It has the stock enormous Cat & a soft sounding glass pack. Does anyone have any ideas to help the performance & economy/ Spike

Attachments

• Buick 012a.jpg

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I bought it at about 42K miles and we're up to 68K Stock 460 TBI some sort of positraction, ( I know nothing about the later trucks), auto, SuperCab, F350,Georgous candy red paint. I never needed to know anything because it has never broken anything(OK, the cruise button broke). I drive at 60-65 mph on the Interstate and get between 10 & 12 mpg empty. Pulling my trailer, it drops to 8 mpg, I can pass most anything but a gas station. It's a little harsh riding for my wife who has a spine held together with screws, plates and cages. She doesn't ride in it too often. I pull a 29 foot Jayco trailer and a 22 foot car trailer. I wanted to have options to move the load around, so it comes in handy. I am looking at what what things I can change on this truck to get better mileage & maybe more power ?
I have a K&N airfilter (stock replacement). Thinking of two separate filters connected to TB but that's all. It has the stock enormous Cat & a soft sounding glass pack. Does anyone have any ideas to help the performance & economy/ Spike

I plan on getting this for my 93 F150 from summit racing maybe this will help.
Also a Electric fan set up might help also. I have one from a Lincoln Mark VIII for mine. Also I plan undersize pullies also.High Flo Cats and Flowmaster also.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=KNN-57-2542&N=700+115&autoview=sku

http://www.performance-curve.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1059

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you've still got the stock air intake setup with the intake snout that runs from the box to the driverside of the grill, KEEP IT! Open element filters, like the K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit will hurt the performance of the truck. My truck had an open element filter when I bought it, so I swapped for a stock box (which pulls COLD outside air instead of HOT engine compartment air) and my performance was dramatically increased.

Also those K&N drop in filters DO flow more air but there is a cost... The increased air flow is due to the fact that the K&N filter allows bigger particles through, not so great for your engine right? If it's highly modified and you need to pull more CFM to keep your air/fuel ratio happy, an aftermarket filter with better flow is a good idea. But on a stock or not-overly modified engine, the paper Motorcraft filter is your best bet for filtration.

I also second the idea on the electric fan. I installed a Taurus fan and noticed immediate increase in performance and a bit of gas mileage improvement (not much).

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
This is my first Ford from this generation. I bought it to pull the 18' trailer behind the truck. Can you believe it's a former ranch truck?

Attachments

• DSCF0999.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts