Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What seat fits?

Does anyone know of a late model seat that would bolt right up to the existing holes in a '66 f100? Or, does anyone have an original seat in any condition that they might want to sell, preferably from the east coast?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm not sure if any will bolt in the existing holes, but I saw a 65 that had a 95 seat in it. Looked great. Welcome to FTF. Dig the username!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
As long as you can fit the seats in the cab, the sky's the limit. I know you said you want a bolt-on swap but drilling your own holes for the seats really wouldn't be too much work. My brother installed Super Duty seats in his non-super duty 97 F250. He had to drill a few holes here and there but it really only took him the better portion of 1 evening.

First..welcome to the site. Do you have any pics of your truck? We love pics.

A lot of the older bench seats should bolt in. The 61-66 trucks used the same cab. Others should be a similar width. The sky is the limit if you drill holes (and back them up with small plates under the floor).

I doubt anyone around here has an original. Is yours completely missing?

If yours is completely gone, you have several options. Measure the width inside between the door panels and subtract a few inches. Then hit a local You-Pull_it and take a tape measure with you. Just about any truck seat that is the correct width (or close) should work.

If you want buckets, just about anything can be made to fit. You will have to drill new holes, use back up plates, and maybe a spacer somewhere on the new seat tracks.

I have a stock seat (re-upholstered) in my 56. I put excort GT (halo headrest) buckets in my old ranger. They looked like a smaller version of the recaro seats in some of the top of the line Mustang GTs.

Hey thanks guys. I have a seat, but I think it's from (dare i say) a chevy. It's not bolted into anything. That's the way I bought it. As far as I know it's original down to the points and condenser dist. I am the 3rd owner. The last owner stored it inside for about 15 years where he worked as a diesel mechanic. He never drove it, but he changed the oil regularly!
So, I suppose I can use the seat i have. I was hoping to find something closer to original. Then I could get a new cover from LMC and re-do it myself.
I'll get pics soon.

I don't know where you are or how many junk trucks are sitting around the country side where you are, but there are several from the mid to late 60 around here in fields. If it is similar where you are, just stop and ask whoever is around the house. You can probably get one cheap that way.

I know I have gotten ranger/bronco II parts that way.

Sounds like a solid old truck you have. I wish mine were in that sort of condition. No clue how many miles mine has or how many previous owners.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
if the seat tracks on your 66 is the same as a 67+, a 67-96 ford pickup bench seat will bolt right in. no mods

With the right brackets the bucket seats from 67-96 will bolt in with little modification.

chevy im pretty sure will bolt up to the early 90s, with some modification to the seat tracks or a bracket

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My brother installed Super Duty seats in his non-super duty 97 F250.

Why on earth did he do that? The gen-9 40/20/40 split bench with power lumbar is SO much more comfortable than the Super Duty seats.

Sorry...smiliehijacked

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts