Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 Chat thread

Blade

Backwoods boy
i start work thursday............... ohh and i gotta cut grass tomorrow

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I get to do yard work tomorrow too.....

Blade

Backwoods boy
ooo that sucks. in the heat. thats one thing i like bout living in an apartment. no yard to take care of

actually it wasnt hot here today. it was during the early part of the day, then it stormed and cooled off a lot. i just hope its not hot tomorrow....... i hate cutting grass on a hill......

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Same and same. It was hotter than a... I don't have an analogy for it! And I have to cut the grass sometime or another.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
I got a free lawn mower, but it needs a fuel line. Untill then Im borrowing my dad's mower...... I hope to get the lawn done today. Other than that, nothin

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I got a free lawn mower, but it needs a fuel line. Untill then Im borrowing my dad's mower...... I hope to get the lawn done today. Other than that, nothin

Run down to Autozone, spend the $2 for fuel line and then no more borrowing necessary.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
I know where to get fuel line, and after *that place* refused to honor my warrenty because of a minor computer error I dont shop there. I just dont have any money to get fuel line........I hate being broke, it makes me cranky.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
NAPA has fuel line cheap too. Autozone sucks with their warranties. Ask me how I know. The only benefit to me is I know the guy who runs the commercial part of AZ in my town and he is pretty cool. I don't shop there anymore though except for simple things. Repair stuff I go to NAPA now. But for fuel line and stuff like that AZ is closer to my house. Really sucks though that you don't even have money for some fuel line. That would probably stress me out. Maybe try seeling some stuff on Craigslist or something for some extra $$$

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
Really sucks though that you don't even have money for some fuel line.yeah, 4 year old little girl and 17 year old jeep that always needs work means there isn't much extra money.
That would probably stress me out. Stress!?!? What stress....I SAID I'M NOT STRESSED!!!! Ok, maybe a little....
Maybe try selling some stuff on Craigslist or something for some extra $$$
I am... I have a 300c.i. head for sale, no bites yet.

I dont really need extra money, I just need to spend my money better. Ive stopped buying energy drinks and only buy sodas at the grocery store and in off-brand form. The biggest thing now is to quit smoking, I'm down to two or three a day. I knew money would be tight with a kid, so none of this is really a surprise.

I have to add an edit because I re-read my post and it makes me sound super broke, I'm not. I just felt that at the time it was better to take my dad up on his offer to use his mower this time and save the 2 or 3 bucks for something else. I had a bad habit of buying the first thing that I saw and have been working on it buy saving a few dollars here and there when I decide to spend money. It works better for me when I think that way insted of keeping money set aside and not spending it. My girl keeps a savings account with money she dosent spend out of her check and I spend all of my check. Might sound a bit unfair to some, but I couldn't save money if my life depended on it. Atleast this way, my family's needs (and some wants) get met and I dont buy crap I dont need.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Good you are quitting smoking. I can't believe how much it costs these days. I see the prices in the stores and glad I don't smoke.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have to add an edit because I re-read my post and it makes me sound super broke, I'm not. I just felt that at the time it was better to take my dad up on his offer to use his mower this time and save the 2 or 3 bucks for something else. I had a bad habit of buying the first thing that I saw and have been working on it buy saving a few dollars here and there when I decide to spend money. It works better for me when I think that way insted of keeping money set aside and not spending it. My girl keeps a savings account with money she dosent spend out of her check and I spend all of my check. Might sound a bit unfair to some, but I couldn't save money if my life depended on it. Atleast this way, my family's needs (and some wants) get met and I dont buy crap I dont need.

That's really not a bad way to be. Spend all your money on necessities, bills, family, etc. before you have the opportunity to just blow it. Then let the responsible better half be in control of what's left. I'm a complete tightwad, but my gf is like you...so maybe I can try implementing this plan with her.

And congrats on quitting smoking. I went in to buy my mother's brand, the cheapest this gas station offers, and it was still like $33 for a carton. I think some of the Marlboro's were like $57 a carton.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
well, I hate to say it, but I bought another pack of cigs today..............Ill try again when this pack is out..........

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmmm...what about switching to tobacco pouches and then to sun flower seeds or something to step down gradually?

Ford Truck Articles