Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

rust bucket low mile or the rust free high mile?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
My 95 is done as of next spring because of rust . My 94 tho solid is in need of so much .that cost is not worth it for dialy driver. So what ya think?

Do to limited funds . About newest I can go is 05 06 .

I found a 06 F250 reg cab long bed 5.4 4x4 With 110000 miles taken care of but rust is taking over.for $6500 And a bed to replace a rusted one is $ 1200 at least plus cab corners and rockers, On top of other repairs hiding . To pass next inspection

Right up road is a clean couple dents SC long bed southern Truck same drive train . For $5500. it runs fine , And I can get motor or trans for $1200 if had to after warranty ran out . But no rust .

Hate to say a decent car would pay for itself with gas savings for work ride . and could fix and use trucks for wood and hauling

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
What Randy said.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Keep looking and out of you area. I've dealt with rust long ago, and surely a minor case compared to what I have seen back your way. The moral of the story is, there is always MUCH more rust than what you can see and it will bite you in the days to come. IMO, shop in a rust free region, run a carfax on candidate vehicles and verify that they never spent time in a cancer zone, get on an airplane, pick it up and drive home. Spend the $ on that plane ticket and drive home and be done as opposed to spending money over and over on rust issues.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Keep looking and out of you area. I've dealt with rust long ago, and surely a minor case compared to what I have seen back your way. The moral of the story is, there is always MUCH more rust than what you can see and it will bite you in the days to come. IMO, shop in a rust free region, run a carfax on candidate vehicles and verify that they never spent time in a cancer zone, get on an airplane, pick it up and drive home. Spend the $ on that plane ticket and drive home and be done as opposed to spending money over and over on rust issues.

Thanks . I used to do body work so know about hidden rust. I usually do go to south to get my cars but . With limited funds and work now I'm stuck in my area (2hr drive anyway ) More than a day trip is more than can do. With plane gas I'd be down big on what I could spend .

Waiting to see what my insurance will go up on 05-07 trucks. Till I commit . I can do $150 a month total with payment and insurance increase. Way to many house and a new mower took my stash for truck.

Probably go with the high miles one as its so clean under it. still see factory piunt marks on frame.And 40 miles from house .

But from quick quote I see a newer car in future as the gas I save alone will pay bills for it. .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Never mind the high mile truck is sold they had it day and half.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts