Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2001 F350 - No blower Motor/Just Defrost

Like the title says; I have a 2001 F350 with No blower Motor and Just Defrost, it is actually a friends, he is building a fence,
and I am looking into the truck problem. The just defrost is probably a vacuum issue, but I do not have any book for this truck,
so I have no vacuum or wiring diagrams. As far as the blower motor, I am thinking switch or motor, fuse has been checked?
Is there any other "control" box involved with this year/model? If anyone has ANY diagrams and troubleshooting info it would be
greatly appreciated, as would any other insight. Also any dash tear-out instructions, to make the access easier?

Thanks a ton, pun intended!

Bill

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Biggest question id have for you that i know others will eventually ask (plus it will help for later when Vince finds this thread).. Does the truck have the Manual switch panel (Dials/actual switches - XLT, XL) or is it the Digital Climate panel (digital display w/ push buttons for settings - Lariat (option), KR, Cabellas, ect ect). depending on which control panel he has depends on how they were controlled.

blacksnapon

Staff member
When diagnosing a blower fan, think backward. To have a perfect circuit, you have power, fuse, load (fan), and a ground. The fan speeds work by supplying different amounts of ground by way of resistors. Power is usually constant. If you lose ground, you have no fan even though there's power. Look at the blower motor resistor first. A circuit tester is invaluable for electronics diagnostics.

Ford Truck Articles