Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mo Deer Archery Season

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
At least you saw some activity. That looks like a nice area.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
it's not bad, it's bordered on one side by a highway and the other a lake community. sometimes those can be a good thing and bad.

my brother put in a fairly nice size food plot last year and then re-planted again this year. You can already tell it has increased the deer traffic through the property. Should continue to get better as long as we keep it up.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My Dad & I used to hunt his boss's farm every year. We only got a couple does in our time there, but there is a catch. He wouldn't ever be able to invite us on opening weekend, so by the time we were available, the deer were on high alert. That was right on I-70, so there was a lot of road noise. I think it helped and might have actually disguised our noise a bit.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
yeah, I think it does help a little. His property also gives them a little relief area between the two. Bad parts are the highway probably cuts through some of there natural travel paths and we have had some idiots on 4 wheelers from the lake ride through his property while we are hunting.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If anyone gets anything, post it up! The weather here suuuuucks for deer hunting so I'm half glad I didn't have a spot today. Weather in the 60's and wind gusts in the 20's.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts