Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

how do I change ball joints on my 76 F250 4x4

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I need to get my front end right, it seems like I can see the tires leaning in at the top, plus I had to change all my steering to a 78 F150 4x4 set up so I need to align it too
I will check it for play when I swap my tires around
I have started wearing the front tires out so I need to do this soon, I am sure I can figure this out easy enough but I just figured I would ask? Thanks guys

Last edited:
I need to get my front end right, it seems like I can see the tires leaning in at the top, plus I had to change all my steering to a 78 F150 4x4 set up so I need to align it too
I will check it for play when I swap my tires around
I have started wearing the front tires out so I need to do this soon, I am sure I can figure this out easy enough but I just figured I would ask? Thanks guys
that truck may have king pins?/ my 78 E150 did

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If it is a ball joint front axle, you will need a ball joint press. It looks like a big c clamp with different cup shaped adapters. And a big hammer, lots of beer and patients. You have to take everything off so you can slide the axles out, then knock the steering knuckles off so you can press the old ball joints out and the new ones back in.

How familiar are you with tearing into the front end? I'm not sure how detailed I need to explain.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I have done it a time or two, I have used a ball jointpress before, I was just looking for a refresher and you have done that, Thank you
this topic leads me to another question I have and dont know if I should start another thread on it or not?
I think I will, Thanks for the refresher, it is what I needed..Rick

Ford Truck Articles