Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lowered 82... build thread?

picture.php

I had to get rid of my dentside but shortly after got this 82. I’ve been wanting to build a short bed for quite some time and this one was bought by a friend and I had to have it. Very well taken care of. Receipts back to the early 90s, oil change schedules since 1990. The whole front suspension is new with drop beams and offset ball joints to get camber dialed in. Rear is sua but I need to c notch it. Interior needs work, came with faded/decomposing pieces. Dash is pretty nice but door panels and such are garbage. Kind of want to do custom door panels anyway.

351w performer intake, Holley 670 avenger, bbk shorties, dual 2.5” exhaust, mild cam, k and n filter, 1” carb spacer, electric pump conversion, 3 core radiator, Chevy alt conversion with optima battery and they added circuit breakers and relays.

Rockin factory 2.75 open 9”
Will be replaced with 3.55 track lock.

Future plans are an aod and maybe someday a 6 speed manual we’ll see.
408 will be within the next year or so.

A friend is building me custom hid projector head lights and am buttoning up the stereo now.

On the search for a tonneau cover so if anyone has any recommendations I’d like to hear them. Would like either fold up or possibly roll up.

picture.php

I had to get rid of my dentside but shortly after got this 82. I’ve been wanting to build a short bed for quite some time and this one was bought by a friend and I had to have it. Very well taken care of. Receipts back to the early 90s, oil change schedules since 1990. The whole front suspension is new with drop beams and offset ball joints to get camber dialed in. Rear is sua but I need to c notch it. Interior needs work, came with faded/decomposing pieces. Dash is pretty nice but door panels and such are garbage. Kind of want to do custom door panels anyway.

351w performer intake, Holley 670 avenger, bbk shorties, dual 2.5” exhaust, mild cam, k and n filter, 1” carb spacer, electric pump conversion, 3 core radiator, Chevy alt conversion with optima battery and they added circuit breakers and relays.

Rockin factory 2.75 open 9”
Will be replaced with 3.55 track lock.

Future plans are an aod and maybe someday a 6 speed manual we’ll see.
408 will be within the next year or so.

A friend is building me custom hid projector head lights and am buttoning up the stereo now.

On the search for a tonneau cover so if anyone has any recommendations I’d like to hear them. Would like either fold up or possibly roll up.

Nice truck ,But ,It either has to look real good or has to be fast ,or both!

So ,looks ,comfort ,a good sound system ,an fast ,an your good to go!....

Pictures are being annoying. Added a couple to the album for the head light progress

Rebuilt the driveshaft today and painted it. Need to rebuild brakes and replace bearings. Damn caliper got stuck.

Very coolio!
Makes me miss my Gen.7
If you’re lucky you can still track down the beautiful wood grain interiors the XLT’s and Lariat’s had. And all the gauges.
Can’t wait to see the future progress.
:)

Honestly not a fan of wood grain. It’s got tan dash with brown dash pad and I love the combo. Door panels will probably end up being bare aluminum and stainless screws.

Anyone swap obs tail lights into a bull nose?

How about a front bumper valance?

Also a little update. Front is now dropped 5.5-6" overall rear is 5 but will be ordering shackles to go to a 7" drop.

Ordering gauge pods and a few other goodies. Need tires soon so might just buy wheels at the same time ��

Fellro

Staff member
If you are referring to older than the 80 up trucks, legally you would need to add side markers. I've seen roll pans on the rear, not so much on the front.

Fellro

Staff member
92-96 tail lights are a common upgrade and bolt right on.

I dont remember how to really post photos to the threads ��

I have taken a lot of pictures of the truck and done small upgrades. Have been just enjoying it.

Bought wheels for my Audi that wont fit it so will be sticking them on the truck. 20" niche targa wheels.

It's been to the track a few times. Runs low 16s with 26.5" tire with the 2.75 gears. High 16s with the 28s and 2.75

It has been dropped another 1.5-2"

Getting money together to do the t56 magnum swap and 4.10 gears to make a fun driver while still seeing low cruising rpm

Still need to find a tonneau cover, sway bars, coilovers and may end up flaring the fenders to make more room for wider tires

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
To post photos in a thread, click the Go Advanced button below the Quick Reply box and from there you can scroll down and under Additional Options you will see Attach files.

Looking forward to some more pics!

Most of my pictures are too big to upload so I'll have to figure out how to downsize

Attachments

• IMG_20190528_020702_859.jpg
This is all I can upload for now. Quality probably sucks

Attachments

• IMG_20190527_205211_255.jpg
  • Snapchat-294040843.jpg
If anyone has Instagram this is my username. There's way more photos on it and more updates
@lowered_bullnose

Ford Truck Articles