Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Howdy, obligatory intro post. . .

Yep, I'm 48 and finally have two things I have always wanted in a single package. A full size truck and a 4x4. I have always had cars and two small trucks. Weird because all of my adult life I have been a powerlifter and 300+ pounds. Strange, no doubt, to see me wedging myself in and out. Got hurt at 42 and gave up competitive lifting but am still a fairly large guy. Spent the last six years into guns and reloading.

A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a truck. I consider it a truck. I am VERY happy! It did not cost a lot which works out well since I don't have a lot.

Here it is. . . 2001 F 150 XLT ext. cab, 5 inch body lift, 35" tires, etc. cool to me. Nice to be here:

HNyF0Y.jpg

RIAJHy.jpg

smilieFordlogo

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, after your obligatory intro, I'll offer an obligatory correction... That's a pickup, trucks have more than four wheels... :D

Okay okay, now that that's out of the way. Good looking rig, like the stance, and welcome to the site.

Crazy weight squats!!!

920 lbs. A long time ago, my friend. Get this:

I'm trading a guy a Glock 10mm and a Beretta Centurion tomorrow or actually this morning, after seeing it has passed the midnight hour, for a 1991 Bronco, it looks ratty as hell but the guy says it runs okay and the 4WD works fine, it has an 8K Warn winch and a big steel bumper on front. Hell, he wants a thousand for it and I have ~ 1K in those two guns and aftermarket BS on them. And I have shot them some, so I figure it's a good deal if the old Bronco has some life left. It has the 351W in it.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

I'm trading a guy a Glock 10mm and a Beretta Centurion tomorrow or actually this morning, after seeing it has passed the midnight hour, for a 1991 Bronco, it looks ratty as hell but the guy says it runs okay and the 4WD works fine, it has an 8K Warn winch and a big steel bumper on front. Hell, he wants a thousand for it and I have ~ 1K in those two guns and aftermarket BS on them. And I have shot them some, so I figure it's a good deal if the old Bronco has some life left. It has the 351W in it.

How awesome is that! Those Bronco's are bullet proof! (sorry, couldn't resist the pun, lol)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Welcome to FTF! Congrats on finding your new pickup!

Don't mind the Idahoans around here. They are all making new spuds, and their minds aren't currently 'right.' :)

Ryan

Okay guys! I now have it in my possession. I have Colonel Mosby and this thing is from the Dept. of Game and Fish., I'll craft a moniker for it. I note that it sort of hesitates and surges at low speeds but once you get by that it runs steadily but not with great power, like the other.

Hell, I'm as happy as a pig in shit. WITH YOU GUYS' HELP I'll get the engine dialed in. Hopefully we can make it a project? I have to say, for two handguns that I do not even shoot, how could I go wrong?

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Great deal, man! Throw some basic tune up parts, then you can start working on pulling codes and seeing if the computer will offer you more hints on the mechanics.

Does the transmission feel pretty solid?

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

That's a lot of weight.....I held the record at my high-school for my weight class for the squat for many years and made it to the power-lifting regionals in Southern California in the late 80's....I haven't been back in years and I'm guessing with all the steroids and new equipment and electronics, that I'm off the board now, but haven't checked.

Awesome on the Bronco...I really like the next gen Broncs from 92-96 and had one and miss it still to this day.

LOL! I reckon we may have to alter the name of the site? :)

Thank you for the welcome and the correction.

Nice catch and good comback.....the site doesn't quite have a good ring at "Ford Pickup Fanatics". :wavey:

And welcome! Lots of good fellas/girls on here for sure!

Thank you very much, my friend. I LIKE THIS PLACE!

I just raised the hood on the old Bronc'. Found a giant bird's nest? HUGE!

"Andy and I just removed a massive bird's nest or possibly a hen's nest from the driver's side of the engine against the firewall, I mean tons of woody shit. There was a huge amount of wiring under it? Broke a dirt dauber nest off the AC and it looks like a solenoid (?) is rusted out almost. It is at the center, up high in the back of the engine compartment.

Gonna need some help. Just so you know, I already like this thing. Engine is not too filthy BUT this thing has sat for a long time, mostly. He said he drove it into town some but I question that. Might be a matter of NEW fuel filters and such. Good strong engine, though! Well, it should be a good 'un, eventually. Will you mechanics help me?"

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts