Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for a new to us truck

primetime

sawmill slave
So we are looking for something to replace our Explorer. For quite a while the little woman has been saying that when we get something else she wanted a truck. Well our daughter has side swiped a guard rail and ditched the Explorer three times all in the last two weeks (long story, all I have to say about that), so that time has come sooner than I would have liked.

So I went and drove this today. http://nmi.craigslist.org/ctd/4782197717.html I actually spotted it last week when we went grocery shopping, but the ad made me get off my butt. So I went and drove it today. And it was good, right up until it missed at 1500 rpm giveing it a little throttle, like going up a hill. Then the cam phasers got noisy. Other than that it was great.

I told them about the issues, they are fixing the miss, not the phasers, are willing to lower the price, I said no thanks, I'll keep looking, but after looking into the phaser issue, which turned out to be a whole lot less involved than I thought it was, I'm thinking about buying it if they fix the miss, because it is EXACTLY the truck we want. I don't know. I guess we'll see.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How much of a job is doing the phasers?

primetime

sawmill slave
Here is a brief vid on cam phaser repair Duncan. [HZuArjvEfRc][/YOUTUBE]

And here is the truck we bought. By accident going to look at another truck.

SANY03552.JPG

Yes, I already had it in harness. Mama was not impressed! (It's technically her truck, we did trade the Explorer in on it).

SANY03541.JPG

It's an 06 XLT. 5.4. 1 owner, 119,000 miles. He was a retired engineer and traded it in on Thursday and was proud of it. We pulled into the dealer Thursday evening looking for an 04 Lariat. Turns out we were at the wrong Ford dealer. We took it home last night (Friday).

I don't think we could have found a nicer, cleaner truck, and it was just dumb luck. He did the 100,000 mile tune-up, which included plugs, it's never been wrecked, it has a spray in bed liner, it is beautiful, and we got it for $13,000 out the door.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I recently picked one of these up as well.

They are nice to drive.

Im still not a fan of the seat, but it rides and drives way better than my super duty.

primetime

sawmill slave
Fixed the youtube link.

Or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Congrats Justin, nice looking truck and thanks for the vid.

primetime

sawmill slave
The seats don't seem bad to me, but the longest I've been in it is an hour. We'll see how it does on the four hour ride to my dads.

Thanks Ryan I appreciate it.

Thanks Duncan, and you are welcome.

I think I can say that you would be hard pressed to find a cleaner eight year old truck in northern Michigan. There isn't a speck of rust on it, and it appears the frame and under body were painted. We have been getting a lot of compliments. It doesn't break my heart that it is my favorite color.

Tomorrow I am calling a local guy to get it buffed and waxed, I'm going to order some mud flaps, mama wants a tonneau cover, and down the road I want to get a Magnaflow cat back. Mamas not real impressed with that idea. I think she figures I'm going to make it stupid loud like my F-250, but that isn't what I want for this truck.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Great find . I agree on the bad seats I drive them daily .

Ford Truck Articles