Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

$18,500?!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Those small broncos are worth a fortune in 'rust bucket' condition, let alone fully restored. It's scarcity more than anything.

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Well it's not how much I would pay, but how much the people that want those will pay. I wouldn't give $5k for it because I don't want one. There are some people who like everything about them and that's their 'corvette' and the number of thsoe things still in existence is really low.

Ryan

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I think you're missing the point. If they've had it up for months they're obviously in no rush. They're going to price it how they want to price it. I've seen things go for more money, that're worth less.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Well it's not how much I would pay, but how much the people that want those will pay. I wouldn't give $5k for it because I don't want one. There are some people who like everything about them and that's their 'corvette' and the number of thsoe things still in existence is really low.

Ryan

An Early Bronco is quite possibly MY Corvette! I love them! I had a 1967 with a 302 and Dana 44 transplanted in (they didn't yet have them originally in '67) and it was one of my best vehicles ever. Wish I still had it.

Ryan's right though--prices for those things have gone through the roof over the last couple of years. I bought mine in probably 1998 for $2,500--had it until 2002, I think. Put some work into it and sold it for $4,000 and I though I did pretty good. But now, some might list my old Bronc at $8,000 or more considering the engine work and fiberglass body.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
There was a rusty one sitting next to the gym I go to that was for sale, really bad shape, 10grand! and he sold it....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I looked at a couple up here before I bought the 79 F150 and they were both in the 18-20k range.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I had another thought as well, maybe his wife wants him to get rid of it and this is his way of saying "But hunny, it just isn't selling!".. smiliegitrdone

Ford Truck Articles