Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 is all messed up

blacksnapon

Staff member
anything that will read dtcs and preferably give you a brief description of each.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Yeah I'm afraid of driving it because of that reason.

No I did not do head studs. Hasn't been deleted for very many miles. And i don't go out and hot rod the hell out of it.

wasnt saying you were. its just the little known fact about the function of the EGR cooler people dont realize is the delete can actually cause damage to the engine.. mainly blown head gaskets.. When your accelerating and suddenly let off the EGR valve pops open allowing the boost pressures to bleed off into the exhaust. This is the main reason VGT's do not have a waste gate since thats exactly what the waste gates did. When the EGR coolers deleted and you suddenly let off the accelerator those pressures SPIKE to dangerous levels. Which in turn over pressurizes the cylinders and blows head gaskets. Same time the Factor TTY bolts used on the 6.0's stretch even under factory conditions, add to that the higher pressures from the EGR delete can and quickens the Stretching effect to the point of gasket failure... Aftermarket studs are made from stronger steel than the TTY bolts and are less prone to those stretching effects.

That is why i was asking if you had done studs when you did the delete. wasnt assuming you were abusing or hot rodding the truck. So many people blame the factory bolts and gaskets for being weak without understanding how exactly theyre engines safety systems work together to protect it. When those safety systems are deleted the engine cannot do its job property. Causing other components to fail. Lack of compression from a blown head gasket can also cause that same smoking situation your describing due to the lack of pressure to properly cause it to combust.

Last edited:

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
What im guessing at this point is this.

Fuel pressure wasn't as high as it could have been, rides around 45-50 psi, i had a failed FICM almost a year ago today, and ever since the FICM croaked its been running crappy until it gets warmed up, is this a sign that its an injector that is stuck open or has a broken or cracked nozzle?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
im also leaning towards my FICM having gone to hell again simply because these are almost identical issues to the last FICM croaking.

My dad has an 06, my truck being on 05, can i swap them between the 2 trucks for a test?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Your videos are private you tulip.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
also should note i was wearing flip flops. I live too close to Canada eh?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
eat my $$$ owner boy,

you sure?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My C7 did that last winter when 2 injectors went south.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
nuh uh

first order of business i propose you get rid of the GD10CL

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
this makes more sense now

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I took a few vids,

not keep in mind its friggin cold out and i didn't want to suffocate my neighbor who has stage 4 lung cancer so i didn't let it idle very long

At start up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E74H7aoPXY&list=UUK9-ma760q1J0-zfGElIRKw

High Idling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHHLalt8eCs&list=UUK9-ma760q1J0-zfGElIRKw&index=2

Kicking it down off high idle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHHLalt8eCs&list=UUK9-ma760q1J0-zfGElIRKw&index=2

Bump 4 tech helpz

blacksnapon

Staff member
If you have access to another ficm you could try that first. If nothing else, just to eliminate that possibility, then you can look toward Dealership help.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
My C7 did that last winter when 2 injectors went south.

Engine in my 750...Cat C7....injector(s) failed....blue, white, grey...every kind of smoke and stench imaginable.

I bet i know where Jeb's confusion came in before Duncan stated he was referring to the Cat's c7... 2014 model of the corvett is also know as the c7 Model. He probably thought duncan was being a traitor by owning a chebby... lol

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Ok,

So I hauled her down to the dealer. I had originally planned on having it towed down on a roll back, checked out and towed back. I was quoted 300 1 way for the tow. I ended up picking up a trailer big enough to haul a crew cab long box on and hauled it down there With my old man's 6.0. I was frigging amazed at how effortlessly his truck towed mine. Even with a trailer heavy duty enough to haul around tanks on. Haha

Anyways #5 injector stuck open and they quoted me 600 bucks for the repair. Which is the same price as the tow alone. Which I got out of having to pay. should be done about the time I hit north Dakota but at least I can come home to a fixed truck

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts