Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'48 F-1 For Sale

FORD F1 1948 Oh by the way,......It's located in New Zealand! smilietease

Checkout the right hand steering wheel.....
223528178_full.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Pretty cool....seems a little pricey, don't you think? $28k? :suspicious:

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Cost? It sounds like he farmed out all the mods so he probably has that much in it.

Is it worth it? Not to me... it'll take another 10K to finish the mechanical odds and ends - engine doesn't run, etc. Them more $$ to paint.

Right hand drive in a truck that was LHD (California truck) I wonder what somebody will do with the glovebox where the gauges should be?

I suppose what makes it a killer deal is the fact that it has "new diff oil". I sure wouldn't want to shell out another $10 bucks for that!

Thats a new one Brad - i hadn't noticed that one yet.
Ken those style trucks are really pricey out here even though we had them sold brand new and in RHD format ( i think they were assembled in Canada) although it used to take over twelve months to get one and that was only if you were approved by the NZ motor registry and could prove that you had access to foreign currency ..... funny laws back then .
All those mods are old school custom out here Tim - you used to use a Holden HQ front end so you could get disc brakes and an independent front suspension - converting USA stuff to RHD is pretty common out here and in Aussie with most people just "mirror imaging" the dash components .
I'm not sure why they didn't just throw a mustang front end under as there are plenty of kits for that and leave it LHD as the truck would be perfectly legal like that as long as it was made before 1990 under our import laws.

A couple of things to keep in mind regarding foreign pricing; NZD's on exchange are about 75% of USD's, so that brings it down to about 18K right there. Then when you figure in how expensive stuff is in NZ and AUS compared to here, it's hard to say what is and is not too much. I agree, though, that truck anywhere around these parts would be real lucky to fetch 4 or 5 thousand bucks.

Ford Truck Articles