Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

For you carbed I6 guys......

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Geezus...you have to have a hot little 300-6 to run a 4bbl don't you?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Geezus...you have to have a hot little 300-6 to run a 4bbl don't you?

stock cam does fine, some port and polish helps. use no larger than a 500 cfm carb, and either efi manifolds, or headers. here's mine when I was putting it together. don't have a more recent picture though. sorry
stou004.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
stock cam does fine, some port and polish helps. use no larger than a 500 cfm carb, and either efi manifolds, or headers. here's mine when I was putting it together.

Who even makes a 500cfm or smaller 4bbl carb anymore? Shoot even for street use, I'd imagine a 500cfm would still be too big, without major jet downs...and who races 300's? Still a cool intake, I just don't see it's practicality.

Yeah, you put that on a stocker and your gonna have all kinds of fuel issues.

I know.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
holley makes a 390. the set up really wakes it up. it has a larger powerband, and gets better fuel mileage than it did before. I didn't make it to race with, only to gain more power. no one says that about putting a 4bbl on a 302. 2 more cubic inches makes it a better project?

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No need to leave, I was just curious, not to familiar with the old 300's...so I was looking to be informed. So don't take your ball and leave, enlighten me. And the rpm range is a slightly different ball park with a 302 than 300. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.

oh yeah...for the record, I have enjoyed your contribution to this site in your short time here. You seem to be a really knowledgeable guy.

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
holley makes a 390. the set up really wakes it up. it has a larger powerband, and gets better fuel mileage than it did before. I didn't make it to race with, only to gain more power. no one says that about putting a 4bbl on a 302. 2 more cubic inches makes it a better project? I guess I'll go back to fte, and leave you guys to your little click. have fun butt heads

Um.. No its the two extra Cylinders that make the difference really..

Ford Truck Articles