Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

PICS of my new dentside!!

Got it for 1300, its drives great, everything works. Its got a 390/C6. The 390 is tired. I have a fresh built 400 ready to go. What will I need to swap 390 to 400 in a 76 2wd?? I know I will need a C6 with the right bolt pattern. I am wondering what I will need as far as frame mounts. I have 400 motor mounts and frame mounts but they are off a 4x4. Will I need 2wd frame mounts for a 400? Will 2wd frame mounts off a 77-79 with a 400 work? They didnt put the 400 in until 77 i dont think. Thanks I need all the advice i can get!!!!

76f150003.jpg

76f150004.jpg

76f150005.jpg

76f150006.jpg

76f150007.jpg

76f150009.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very nice lookin' truck!

Thanks for the compliments I like the truck alot.

On another note is it just me or is the search feature freakin worthless on here..

I have been searching for a definite answer on what i need to swap in my 400 in place of the 390 but i cant find it anywhere. Any body??

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that.

Thanks for the compliments I like the truck alot.

On another note is it just me or is the search feature freakin worthless on here..

I have been searching for a definite answer on what i need to swap in my 400 in place of the 390 but i cant find it anywhere. Any body??

The search function on all of these forums is about worthless, something to do with the way VB is coded. Its a pain in the ass sometimes, but what can you do. :p

Welcome to FTF. Your trucks are awesome. :)

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
DANG! $1300 is a steal! smiliegitrdone

Don't look like their's much rust (if any) on that truck!

Can't help you as far as questions go, I'm still learning myself. :)

Dang! Your new truck is beautiful! Congrats. I'm gonna have to pick up another dentside one of these days!

I believe that the Frame and Motor mounts off of the 4x4 truck will work on your 2wd truck. I have never used mounts off of a 4x4 and used them in a 2wd before, but I am quite certain that they should bolt up with little or no modification. I know that the 2wd mounts off of a 77-79 truck WILL work in your 76, and as you mentioned, you need a C-6 that was used on a 351M/400 or 429/460 motor.

smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
wait wait wait.....thats trucks WAY to clean to be only 1300!!!! IM IMPRESSED!! CONGRATS!!!

Dang! Your new truck is beautiful! Congrats. I'm gonna have to pick up another dentside one of these days!

I believe that the Frame and Motor mounts off of the 4x4 truck will work on your 2wd truck. I have never used mounts off of a 4x4 and used them in a 2wd before, but I am quite certain that they should bolt up with little or no modification. I know that the 2wd mounts off of a 77-79 truck WILL work in your 76, and as you mentioned, you need a C-6 that was used on a 351M/400 or 429/460 motor.

smilieFordlogo

That would be awesome if i could just use the towers off the 4x4, no one makes a swap kit to put a 400 in that i can find. If any one knows for sure lemme know.

I just happen to have a known good 2wd C6 that has the 351M-400M bolt pattern.

I even have the torque converter for it.

Where you located?

Heck of a deal on a beautiful truck as well!

If you were any closer i'd buy it, im in MO just north of kansas city.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I like it. Good buy and Tex ain't crying :headbang: too bad it ain't a shortbed so we culd see him weep.:rolling laugh:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts