Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'52 tilt front end

Hey Guys; I'm finishing up a fiberglass tilt front end that was started by another mech. He fab'd some brackets to hinge off the nose of the frame. Not a very neat job. I need some ideas on what this should look like. Some of you fanatics have to have a nice bracket that you're proud of. I would like to take a peak. If you can help with a photo that would be awsome. What's the best setup for operating the electric cylinders up and down. I plan to wire an up and down button at the dash. I want to use a 12 volt relay to control the lift. I have to wire the circuit to reverse the polarity to move up and down. Are there some kits out there to get this done. What about a wiring diagram. Thanks in advance for your help. You ford fanatics are awsome.smilieFordlogo

Fiberglass tilt front end

I'm not having any success finding this bracket. The guy that used to make them has gone out of business. Can anybody help me find some help with this. A photo, website, drawing, anything would be better than this homemade bracket we have. Thanks, Fast Eddie smilieFordlogo

Hey fanatics. I got the front end going. I wired a controller to it. It has a programable three position control panel. It works nice. the actuators were part of my problem. One the the actuators was shorted internally. It let all the smoke out. We bought some new actuators and reworked the homade hinges. My problem now is fitment to the lower portion of the fender section that fastens to the running boards and the cab. Some sho nuf body work on that fiberglass frontend will fix it up. Problem is I've never done that either. The trucks running except for a problem we're having with the ignition switch not killing the engine. I posted a question tonight about that. If you can give me advice on either problem it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.................Fasteddie

Eddie, did you ever work out your fender fit issue? Could you be a bit more specific on what is wrong, or maybe post some pics? If it's just reforming the fiberglass for a better fit, that's pretty simple, just messy and time consuming.

I don't know how to post the pictures. Maybe you could explain that to me. We just left the fender problem for later. Sorry for the delayed response. We took the truck to the upholstry shop a while back. It's now parked at the owners house.

Ford Truck Articles