Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Early F-Series Trivia

From 1948 to 1950, Ford trucks sold in the US were designated F-1, F-2, etc. In Canada, they were designated F-47, F-65, etc. What did Canada's unusual numbering system refer to?

From 1948 to 1950, Ford trucks sold in the US were designated F-1, F-2, etc. In Canada, they were designated F-47, F-65, etc. What did Canada's unusual numbering system refer to?
Well Tom, It's been over six months and you never gave the answer...What did they stand for?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I know it's an old post, but the question was never answered. Besides, its obvious I have too much time on my hands.

The F-47 designation was for the GVW, listed in pounds, which is quite odd, minus the two zeroes on the end.

And, out of curiosity, what was the M-180 designation for?

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I know it's an old post, but the question was never answered. Besides, its obvious I have too much time on my hands.

The F-47 designation was for the GVW, listed in pounds, which is quite odd, minus the two zeroes on the end.

And, out of curiosity, what was the M-180 designation for?

Mercury truck with 18000 gvw

Similar to Ford's F7 at 19000 gvw

This might help? http://www.mercurypickup.com/

Ford Truck Articles