Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

any good 7.3 swap write ups??

86N/A

Clean&Scrub Man
Searched got no match and can't find a engine swap page or anything

Would love a good write up on a 7.3 turbo and zf6

Thank you, Adam

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can't recall seeing any here, but I'm guessing that either Fellro (Roger) or Dustybumpers (Charlie) might have some input once they see this thread

Fellro

Staff member
Well, you also have to be careful which 7.3 turbo you `re`quest... One in mechanical, one is electronic. The 7.3 Powerstroke is a lot more involved to swap.

86N/A

Clean&Scrub Man
It's a 2000 I have the whole doner truck tho all I know of now is firewall clearance issues

I think it would be cool to keep the cruise as well don't know if I could but I have an old cruise column
I'd also love to use the axles mainly for the brakes

Thanks for the quick reply

I don't think it's a very popular swap because of the complexities. You're on the same train of thought as I would be though as far as braking.

I wonder if you have the whole donor truck if swapping the body wouldn't be easier.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Short of putting the older body on the newer frame, you would have a very costly project.

It would be unique.
I would love to see something like that, if you decide to do it, please do a write up!

Fellro

Staff member

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow. bookmarked
I have a 94 f 250 powerstroke with a ZF here for parts. Hmmmmmmmm

Ford Truck Articles