Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DC no longer has the NOS 78-79 fixed column turn signal switch

Got a call from DC. The NOS turn signal switch I ordered is not going to be available for six months or longer.

I'm looking for a lead. Everything I have found is aftermarket.

I'm trying to keep Ford parts on this truck!

Thanks,

Derek.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Last edited:
Got a call from DC. The NOS turn signal switch I ordered is not going to be available for six months or longer.

I'm looking for a lead. Everything I have found is aftermarket.

I'm trying to keep Ford parts on this truck!

Thanks,

Derek.
do you mean new old stock when you say nos? i would have thought the only nos stuff for sale these days would be off the shelf? or can they find them?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
do you mean new old stock when you say nos? i would have thought the only nos stuff for sale these days would be off the shelf? or can they find them?

Some of the higher quality vendors/suppliers do have access to finding NOS items. I'm lucky enough to have DC less than a 20 minute drive from my house, and we've had local 4x4/Bronco get togethers there, and they'll have some of their NOS stuff lying out there along with their own products.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The DC switches are made in China

actually most things are made there

Green Sales has 12 of them

Quantity PartNumber Update Basic Description
12 D8TZ13341B 6/1/2012 SWITCH - DIR. INDIC/

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
China can produce a perfect product, providing that a person is willing to pay. Issues arise when a person wants top quality for the lowest price..a concept that a lot of people seem not to grasp.

Thanks for your help guys!

Funny story... I picked up the rest of the parts I ordered from DC, and guess what?

Picture003-2.jpg

They didn't even charge me for it! I love free stuff, but I'll do the right thing and call DC Monday morning to straighten everything out.

Now I've got to try to cancel my order from MAC's... They didn't have stock either, but were going to have one for me in 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles