Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1959 Ford F100 restomod project (Lucky Red)

Been working on this 1959 Ford F100 resto mod for about a year. Got it with the paint you see on it--appearing to have been put on 20 someodd years ago under a shady tree. It had no good glass, the interior was roached and it was not functional. But it existed and had a title...

I took the body off the frame and did some subtle mods: pancaked the hood. Narrowed the bumper. Moved the floor/firewall and pedals 5" forward. Added a trans tunnel. Replaced most of the rusted out floor with stainless. Tightened the body/bed gap. Then added some vintage police spots to maintain the undercover theme...

The doner was 95 P-71 undercover police car. I used the 4.6L fuel-injected v8, Alu driveshaft, 8.8 rear, and disk brakes. Made a frame from 3x6" .120 wall box and used the independent front and 4 link from the Vic.

After hunting down some badges and shiny stuff, I got it to where it is today. Here are some pics. Thanks for looking! :)
image.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good!
Welcome to the site!

Fellro

Staff member
Very nice! Thanks for signing up!

Great looking truck , welcome to the site. Can you post up some pics of the floor?

Ford Truck Articles