Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New 2016 F-150 XLT

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
So had my fist major issue with my 2010 F-150 after 98,000 worry free miles. Had to have it towed to the dealer. Wife met me there to pick me up and while waiting she said she found a focus she liked and thought it would make a great daily driver. So we decided to look around a bit. Spent most of the day looking at everything from Explorer, Focus, Fusion, and Mustang. At the end of the day we wound up bringing this one home.

20160430_173027.jpg

2016 F-150 XLT with 2.7 Ecoboost.

not quite the daily commuter we originally started out looking at but the plan is to get the 10 fixed and still drive most of the time and have this be the family truckster. I'm actually amazed at the cab room it has. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but does have a lot of new buttons to play with. Smaller bed than I would have typically chosen but I still have the 10 with the 6.5 ft. bed.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very nice Scott!!..congrats!

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
seems the birds like it. :headbang:

it has the feature where it shuts down when you're at a full stop for a stoplight or such. That's one I'll have to get used to.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That feature seems like it would need to be disabled.:suspicious:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Very nice!

Guy I work with just bought one in that color- really looks good!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
not sold on the chrome wheels yet either but the boss already approved a set of aftermarket wheels if I want. :)

I've been looking at this picture since you posted it....and I'm still not sold on the wheels yet either......but I love the color and it's a CREW!

A constant compliment I always get with my 06 KR is the amount of cab room, especially compared to other pick up trucks....it is deceptively very roomy in mine, so probably similar to your new one...very nice.

Congrats.

Beautiful!! Congratulations! Great color :)

smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaid

Beautiful truck!

Stop/start technology is all the rage now. Works better than people think, but a bit disconcerting until you get used to it.

That would be hard to get wrapped around my head.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man I'm kinda jelly about this. Been drooling over the new 150's and definitely plan to get one in the driveway. Was able to get my hands on a metallic blue crew XLT when the Edge was in for trans work. I loved it. Bailee loved it too, but she was nervous since it was a bit bigger than the Edge. You'll definitely have to keep us posted.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Man I'm kinda jelly about this. Been drooling over the new 150's and definitely plan to get one in the driveway. Was able to get my hands on a metallic blue crew XLT when the Edge was in for trans work. I loved it. Bailee loved it too, but she was nervous since it was a bit bigger than the Edge. You'll definitely have to keep us posted.

Yeah, when the wifey moved from the Exploder to the Expi, it was a transition size wise (we were a bit nervous about the much larger size), but now she drives that thing around town like it's a focus.....it's as big as my KR and even as big as the 77 and 79.....a boat for sure.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Beautiful truck. I would have to find a way to bypass the auto shut off. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen.

I know my instincts are probably antiquated but I think about the days when you would burn through a starter every few tens of thousands of miles, and then imagine it being used 8x more.

Ryan

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
That's my thoughts also.
Also what if your battery is weak and you had to jump start it to get home and you have to stop at a light and it shuts down your dead in the water again.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
the auto shut off is easily turned off with a button on the dash. I've left it on so far just to see. I too was wondering about the starter going out sooner because of the extra use. This truck feels huge compared to my 10 but I don't think it's much bigger, might just be the open feel off the crew cab vs. ext. cab.

so far I've been getting 21-22 mpg. Truck is great and I really like it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
the auto shut off is easily turned off with a button on the dash. I've left it on so far just to see. I too was wondering about the starter going out sooner because of the extra use. This truck feels huge compared to my 10 but I don't think it's much bigger, might just be the open feel off the crew cab vs. ext. cab.

so far I've been getting 21-22 mpg. Truck is great and I really like it.

Dang....I'd love to get that kind of mileage out of my KR....wow...very cool.

Ford Truck Articles