Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F100 vs F250, what's it worth?

Which is more desirable?

My wife's employer has a 1953 Ford F250 that they got from the original owner. Everything on the truck is original, but it is in rough shape. They also have the original bill of sale and literature from the dealer. They have asked me to get it road worthy and what they could get for it after I get it running. They are not looking to restore it to original, just to get it legal to drive on the road. There is no rust rot, but there is quite a bit of surface rust.

Jeff

DSCN9871a.jpg

DSCN9891a.jpg

DSCN9892a.jpg

Nice truck...:)
I love the 53 style! I think it would be awsome if this truck was put
back to running condition,an as far as petina,just put a sealer on it.
An fix the bed with old wood as well.
I think the truck would look awsome with the old rustic look!...smilieeatndrink

Scrub it with red scotch brite and then clean it with acetone or something and clearcoat it. Thepatina on that truck is great.

If I was selling it (or Reallllyyy wanted to buy it because it was perfect for my project) I'd be 4-5k.
If I were buying it to sell I would be 2-3k.

Fellro

Staff member
It generally depends largely where you stand. Also have seen where the 100's will sell fine, but the 250 and 350 do not especially when they have no box. It is all in what the buyers are looking for and willing to pay. Here in the rust belt, a truck like that is worth more as the rust is a huge problem here, but even then it just depends what the buyers are wanting. I am a cheap ass so I am not a good one to ask pricing... ;)

Ford Truck Articles