Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Suggestions

so i had the EGR delete done and the head gaskets and studs done. I want to put on an exhaust probably from the turbo back. I hear good things about MBRP 4" with a high flow cat and muffler. Any ideas?

also wondering about changing the oil cooler and one of the fass fuel pumps. Opinions greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Personally, seen good reviews on the Diamond Eyes 4" aluminized system. Can't beat the price.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
would keep the 3.5" downpipe and going 4" behind it.. most turbo back kits do this anyways... but are some that have the larger downpipes... but have read many writeups of people complaining about the pipe knocking one of the suspension bolts.. cant remember if they said it was the spring mount or sway bar bolt.. but hits one of them.. also unless your running big power the larger down pipe will kill your low end power.. rest of the system is fine to open up...

I went with the BPD remote oil cooler when i had to tear into my engine.. been very happy with it.. keeps the engine nice and cool...

as to the fuel pumps Fass Fuel and Air Dog both make good kits... Air Dog though is a little more plug and play friendly when it comes to the lines and electrical connections from what ive read in their instructions... both have very good reliability reviews.. but again unless your running way larger injectors that need a higher flow rate or your pumps going would save your $$ till it needs done... stock pump is capable of delivering 110lph running @ max delivery.. still fully capable of feeding 155cc rated injectors... some have even run 175cc injectors without issues.. but you tend to be pushing the limits there.. anything bigger and youll need a bigger pump and a higher flowing oil pump...

just some food for thought there...

Last edited:
Thank you. Definitely going to look into the exhaust system though I think. I am not looking for huge power gains just some. Not making it a street beast or a track monster, just nice to have a little extra when i want it.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
can understand that one... just noticed your from my area... if you happen to see a white dually with shiny landies on the the flaps and a plate spelling FordRLS give a honk... :D mustangs plates similar with a Z instead of the S...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yeah, 580 lb ft ain't nothing to sneeze at. I've crossed the scales at 21k many times. Knew it was back there but never struggled.

Wouldn't mind a bit more grunt though.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
id like to see what mine does now on a dyno all fixed up... last run i made i still had some issues with the truck.. but pulled 419 hp at the top end.. finished 15th

Ford Truck Articles