Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2008 F250 Super Duty

Hello everybody,
This is my first time getting on one of these Forums. A bit more complicated than I really need but, here goes.
I am working on my son in law's 2008 F250 since he is in Afcrapistan. He bought the truck used from a Ford dealer with no key fobs and only one key. He did go back and they gave him a fob and instructions on how to program it. I didn't know he never got it to work. When I started messing with it I found out that non of the automatic functions of the lock system work. Can anyone tell me how the system works that communicates with the fobs and automatically locks the doors when the truck reaches 10 mph or so?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hello everybody,
This is my first time getting on one of these Forums. A bit more complicated than I really need but, here goes.
I am working on my son in law's 2008 F250 since he is in Afcrapistan. He bought the truck used from a Ford dealer with no key fobs and only one key. He did go back and they gave him a fob and instructions on how to program it. I didn't know he never got it to work. When I started messing with it I found out that non of the automatic functions of the lock system work. Can anyone tell me how the system works that communicates with the fobs and automatically locks the doors when the truck reaches 10 mph or so?
Manually lock, then unlock the door (drivers). Then turn the ign switch on/off 8times, leaving it on. The locks should cycle telling you it is in programming mode. Press any button on fob #1 (locks should cycle), then press any button on fob #2 (cycle again) then turn the ign off (locks should cycle again).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts