Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Club 4.9 (Official 240/300ci discussion thread)

Well, we have quite a few members on here than are fans of the 300ci engine, and figured "Hey, lets make a thread". :)

Here's just who I can think of just now: :)
Me
Travis
Shaun
Tom(Toc)
Josh

So first posts. The 4.9L is awesome. Should Ford bring it back?

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
add me to the list. I have one, but its not currently in any of my trucks. I love that motor. Came out of my dads 79 F150. less than 7500 miles on a rebuild.

I love the 4.9 engine :) The people who hate on them are Jealous of them :D

Awesome Tex. You have one?

I wanna get a pre-1975 (no CA smog crap) one for a project, but Im not sure whether I wanna go carbed or EFI and whether I want high compression or the turbo route. That would be awesome. :D

This fits the bill perfectly: :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLASSIC-1965-FORD-1-2-TON-PICKUP-TRUCK_W0QQitemZ140340013103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item20aceaa82f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
No my buddy use to have a 74 err 75 can't remember now, but!! it had the 4.9 man that thing was awesome, ran like a raped aped and gobs of Tq.

Check that ebay link I posted in post #6 of the thread. :D

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I got one, but I hate them with a capital"H"!!!

Sure I can drag a house around, but at 8 to 10 mpg it ain't worth it!!!smiliebeenripped

radialarm

Clown of Death!
smiliewhathesaid

BTW Robert, your little weather gizmo must be broken.....it's after 6pm and it says it's 99* :rotz:
It's fine!!!

I live in Texas!!!

It will get down to about 85* around midnight!!!

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Worked on an old one, thought it was a champ in that department. Wouldn't own one for the mileage. Crazy little engine with tons of torque for when it was built, but there's nothing it could do these days a brand-new engine couldn't do better, quicker, and on less gas.

I got one, but I hate them with a capital"H"!!!

Sure I can drag a house around, but at 8 to 10 mpg it ain't worth it!!!smiliebeenripped

10MPG!!!? Thats ridiculous! Whats wrong with your motor Robert? :p

Worked on an old one, thought it was a champ in that department. Wouldn't own one for the mileage. Crazy little engine with tons of torque for when it was built, but there's nothing it could do these days a brand-new engine couldn't do better, quicker, and on less gas.

I guess so. :(

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Crazy little engine with tons of torque for when it was built, but there's nothing it could do these days a brand-new engine couldn't do better, quicker, and on less gas.

But the 300 will do it from here to Hell and back again, twice over, before you need to do any work to 'em.

Last edited:
But the 300 will do it from here to Hell and back again, twice over, before you need to do any work to 'em.

Yep. :D

You dont see many shadow blue metallic trucks. :D

The only difference with this one (from mine) is its a longbed. :p

Ford Truck Articles