Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new 1992 E-350

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...figured I'd post up my latest jewel. I won it in a state auction for $112. It's a 1992 E-350, it has a 10.5 with 3.54's and LS in the rear. It has CC, PS, and ice cold air. Oh yeah, and it has a 72,000 mile 460 under the hood. I'll admit it's an ugly blue...but some time in the next month, I found a guy who is going to 'teach' me how to paint, and then I figure it'll get a nice shade of midnight blue metallic. Also on the list, is a power window and power lock kit. I'm also planning on chroming the front facia and tinting the windows:

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy crap. You can't beat $112. We drive one like that at work except without so many windows-- a 2-seater cargo van. It's a great truck, though a little newer with a Triton engine, I think 97 ish.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...thanks Don...I'm really not a van kinda guy, but for $112, I'm an anything kinda guy...haha. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to a homemade 4x4 conversion in the distant future...so who knows. And even if I lose interest...I figure I can still get 1500-2000 out of it if I wanna sell it.

Thats awesome Ben. Sounds like you got a fantastic deal. :)

Maybe you can add some real headlights to that list too. :)

0612dp_12_z+2007_Diesel_vehicle_news+ford_econoline.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Sweet find, Ben! I always forget to look for the next government auction. Stuff always finds its way out the door for stupidly small amounts of money.

Ryan

Tint that sucker! out and black and chrome all the way baby!
But um, why did you get a big azz van for?

Uhh. It has a low mile 460, 10.25" rear axle, its newer than anything he has, its a good condition 1 ton chassis. For $112... :D

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'll give you $150! smilietease

GREAT FIND! I wish I knew when the gov. auctions happen around here.. I'd try to make it to one. :headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Uhh. It has a low mile 460, 10.25" rear axle, its newer than anything he has, its a good condition 1 ton chassis. For $112... :D

HAHA...that's exactly why.

I'm still in disbelief the thing has a 460 in it. I didn't know they made the engine bays big enough for that!

Ryan

I'll take a few pics and show you how cramped it really is in there, nowhere near as much room as in a truck with a 460...haha. I believe I heard somewhere that 92 was the last year for a 460 to go in these vans and then they started dabbling with the Tritons.

HAHA...that's exactly why.

I'll take a few pics and show you how cramped it really is in there, nowhere near as much room as in a truck with a 460...haha. I believe I heard somewhere that 92 was the last year for a 460 to go in these vans and then they started dabbling with the Tritons.

There is a van for the school that the wrestling team uses to get to tournaments and stuff. My dad drives is because hes the assistant coach and has his CDL. That van has absolutely zero power at all, Im not sure whether it was a 302 or one of the early 200hp 4.6Ls but that thing is garbage. Im sure that a 460 has alot more scoot.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
ok funny story so my dealership took delivery of 5 black 15 passenger vans that were ordered for some school, well when they got dropped off on of them was smoking like it was on fire. they did a compression test and it had horrable leak down in all 8, 5.4l 1999 model e350. long story short they tore down the motor to find that ford never put the oil control rings in the pistons. i mean really who does that..... oh yeah machines do that

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Little update on the van...still running strong. The 460 is getting between 11-12mpg's regardless of city/highway, empty/towing/hauling. It's a pretty sweet little set up and has basically turned in to my work horse. Since I picked it up, I put a new battery in it ($80), a JY alternator ($30) and a tune up ($100). So I'm in to this thing for under $325. Only issue I'm having is the A/C compressor is starting to tick/knock pretty bad. I figure I'll be JY bound for that as well. I'm seeing tons of D44's for uber cheap recently, so it has me itching to get that thing a tcase...just no real time to get in to something like that, and I'm kinda waiting to find the 'right' D60.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
and it has barn doors rather than a slider, which is awesome.

Ford Truck Articles