Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Billet Aluminum Cylinder Heads for 4.9 I6's

Are here....

http://www.alanjohnsonperformance.com/01cylinderheads.html#49liter

and already being used on cars like this:

Jerry-Arnold-Car.JPG

0025-5-7.jpg

Just thought i'd post these up for the very few people interested in inline 6 performance.

nevrenufhp

California Chapter member
there's tons of interst in the aluminum head for a 300. Being able to afford it is another story.
What other info do you have on it? like What does it compare to in terms of a V8 head? Huge ports like a Cleveland? try posting on FT too, there will be a big response.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the link..

These heads eliminate costly and unreliable welded V-8 style cylinder heads commonly used in this type of racing. 100% CNC machined, this head provides the latest air flow technology combined with the superior reliability of billet 6061 construction. They come with 2.180" x 1.600" valves, and 37cc combustion chambers. Completely CNC machined combustion chambers and ports ensure substantially increased power and acceleration. They come fully machined and ready to assemble. These heads are supplied with a one piece billet 7075 rocker mounting bar.

nevrenufhp

California Chapter member
I saw that part. Just wondering what it was comparable to. Going by a closed chamber with 2.18 intake valves, it sounds like some pretty healthy ports. Makes me think of it easily hitting 7k(when properly equipped).

Sounds like it..

With 37cc chambers ,the compression ration ratio will be fairly high looks like..

I am very curious about this also, any Idea on price? I could not find it on the site. I think an AL head with more compression and timing would make the 300 a great engine. More power and fuel economy.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts