Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fresh Amsoil oil change today!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Getting her fresh amsoil fluid and filters in, in this picture.......bigdance

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
yeah! once again i think your truck will like the ZROD better than the AZO 0w30 you were running previously.

Will temp be affected? Temp dropped A lot when I went from regular oil to 00 at 10 miles since the engine rebuild.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Chris, so, exactly what I thought would happen happened......when I went from Petroleum oil to Synthetic (engine builder in WA told me to break it in first with petroleum to 10k miles, then switch, which I did) the temp dropped quite a bit for both in town driving and highway driving.

While I haven't taken it on highway or any long trips this year yet, my in town driving the last few weeks has my temperature back up again.

Was running 180-190 in town before with the 0w30 and since I pulled it out of storage and have been using it a lot after my change to the Zrod, temp now averages 195-205.

If the higher temps are ok and/or normal, then I'm cool with that, just didn't know if that was good, bad, etc.....and wanted your thoughts and any other engine temp guys thoughts on this also.

Thanks,

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ok.. did a Lil digging..

the minor increase in oil temp is likely due to the slightly thicker zrod.

at 100°c the zrod is on the more viscous end of the 30 grade.

signature series is on thinner end..

have a post on AMSOIL dealer only forum asking question open ended for other dealers to chime in. first couple have agreed that its no big deal and only due to slightly thicker at opperating temp zrod.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ok.. did a Lil digging..

the minor increase in oil temp is likely due to the slightly thicker zrod.

at 100°c the zrod is on the more viscous end of the 30 grade.

signature series is on thinner end..

have a post on AMSOIL dealer only forum asking question open ended for other dealers to chime in. first couple have agreed that its no big deal and only due to slightly thicker at opperating temp zrod.

Ahh...ok thanks Chris...really appreciate it...let me know if you find anything else out from Amsoil.....temperature in Maine has been mild at best and I've run this rig in 100 degree weather and temp has always been pretty consistent.

Thanks man!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ahh...ok thanks Chris...really appreciate it...let me know if you find anything else out from Amsoil.....temperature in Maine has been mild at best and I've run this rig in 100 degree weather and temp has always been pretty consistent.

Thanks man!

Ok. 5 other dealers are in agreeance with what I was saying.. but here's some points to think about..

180-210 is prime oil temps.

anything in that range is perfect.

zinc is a temp activated antiwear additive. so slightly higher temp helps.

higher the temp, more condensation gets burned off. so no harm..

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ok. 5 other dealers are in agreeance with what I was saying.. but here's some points to think about..

180-210 is prime oil temps.

anything in that range is perfect.

zinc is a temp activated antiwear additive. so slightly higher temp helps.

higher the temp, more condensation gets burned off. so no harm..

SWEET!

bigdance

Thanks for taking the time Chris.

Ford Truck Articles