Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

this truck is gonna be the death of me..

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
By time you get it all fixed you'll have a new truck and not want to sell it...

I've got a '97 with 215k, only problem is a leaky trans seal an a bad GP relay... Gave $1500 for it...... :D

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yeah, It was my fualt... Running a little to fast on a wet road. Had been having an issue with the brakes (front lock.. almost no rears) but hadn't had time to look at it.

That mixed with wet roads, speed, and a curve... I put it into the trees. Live and learn, but it definitely sucks. All that time and money down the drain.. and was favorite vehicle I ever owned even though it was a PITA.

Now I got a lowered '96 civic, 5 speed, with a 1.6L non-vtec. It's ultra slow, but good on gas. plus it has room for a carseat.

That sucks Tyler - have you kept it for parts for the next one you get ...... it'd be a shame to waste all those good bits you put in there.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
No, I let the insurance take it... it worked to our advantage though. Got enough out of the insurance to buy me a car, and get the GF something (still looking for her one, though)

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Older trucks, you're occasionally working on something, but that is part of the fun of an old truck, leafing through the LMC Truck catalogue, perusing eBay, checking with your local Ford dealer, and scouting out your local junkyards for that elusive hard to find part.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Yeah, It was my fualt... Running a little to fast on a wet road. Had been having an issue with the brakes (front lock.. almost no rears) but hadn't had time to look at it.

That mixed with wet roads, speed, and a curve... I put it into the trees. Live and learn, but it definitely sucks. All that time and money down the drain.. and was favorite vehicle I ever owned even though it was a PITA.

Now I got a lowered '96 civic, 5 speed, with a 1.6L non-vtec. It's ultra slow, but good on gas. plus it has room for a carseat.

D16A6?? they can be pretty impressive with a cam upgrade and injector upgrade

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Older trucks, you're occasionally working on something, but that is part of the fun of an old truck, leafing through the LMC Truck catalogue, perusing eBay, checking with your local Ford dealer, and scouting out your local junkyards for that elusive hard to find part.

This was a every thing it seemed like, and working 6 days a week and it being the only vehicle sucked.

D16A6?? they can be pretty impressive with a cam upgrade and injector upgrade

d16 y7, with a cold air, y8 intake, header, test pipe, and a glasspack.

Car was a y8 car, still running the Vtec computer. Rev limiter comes in at 5800 where vtec should be. :headbang:

Found a y8 head for $60 but don't have time to take the car off the road and put a head on it... plus i'd like to do head gaskets and a timing belt while I had it apart, which I don't have the extra $$$ for something like that at the moment. Plus I think I would be more happy with a motor swap to be honest.. something with alot more potential.

Ford Truck Articles