Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

suspention help

i have a 71 f100. the rear springs are sprung and in need of replacement but i dont have the mony to buy new. i was thinking about finding a truck bed trailer but im not sure of what years of trailer to look for to find some springs i can use. the ones on my truck are the 56 long and 2 1/4 wide with loops on the ends. all the truck bed trailers i find are newer and have 2 1/2 wide. will those fit in my factory brakets

Replacing old weight bearing parts with other old weight bearing parts is IMO simply a way to keep yourself busy with parts.

Can you have the springs redrawn in your area ?

Otherwise, save for some that have the proper specs for your application.

yeah guy check the yellow pages for spring works-we got quite a few up in this area-can just swap them out for the rebuilt ones! quick and easy!

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
or you could find used springs and rebuild yours with springs from another set and add in a leaf or two. if you was closer to here ive got a good set of 71 springs i dont need any more

Fellro

Staff member
Maybe just add some helper springs to get by, many of them are adjustable, so you can set your ride height and stiffness.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
i have a 71 f100. the rear springs are sprung and in need of replacement but i dont have the mony to buy new. i was thinking about finding a truck bed trailer but im not sure of what years of trailer to look for to find some springs i can use. the ones on my truck are the 56 long and 2 1/4 wide with loops on the ends. all the truck bed trailers i find are newer and have 2 1/2 wide. will those fit in my factory brakets
1957/72 F100's use the same rear springs. 1965/72 F100's come standard equipment with 5.

Last edited:
A lot of steel fabrication shops have a machine called a "bar roll". The one I used to work at did anyway. They could re-roll your leaves pretty easily if there is not a spring shop in your area.

That is basically what a spring shop does anyway.

We (at the shop) have rolled a lot of weird things over the years in that little machine.

Ford Truck Articles