Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

what can i get for an I6

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
really? there are a bunch of pics of the engine from when i first built it. hell its been in the truck for about 2 years now haha

You have a truck!
13.gif

Fordtruckman80. wow i bet there will never be another 300 with colors like yours. nice

Regarding the original reply there are lots of performance parts for your truck. Cliffordperformance, Summit, Jegs, offenhauser intakes...

Headers, intake, cam, better carb, are some good starters. A single 4 barrel holley 390 or even the truck avenger 470 will be alot easier to tune than some of the fancier double and triple side draught systems setups that you see like that "Hot ford 300". While a triple side draught looks cool and definitely will go faster and widen your band you'll see less miles per gallon than a well tuned and jetted holley 390. Not to mention the cost for all that and then figuring out how to get it to run well.

Oops oh yeah 89frankenford that was for you...

all i need is a carb that will bolt to the stock intake!!!! lol but a rebuilt is 300 bucks... is there anywhere cheaper then summit? im not really looking to spend too much on the motor cause in the spring/ next summer its going to be gone...

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
all i need is a carb that will bolt to the stock intake!!!! lol but a rebuilt is 300 bucks... is there anywhere cheaper then summit? im not really looking to spend too much on the motor cause in the spring/ next summer its going to be gone...

The only carb that will fit the stock intake is a 1 barrel.Do you need a new carburetor?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
yes i need a new carb is all

Try hitting up Holley's reman store on ebay. Usually some pretty slick deals there. I remember seeing the carbs I run for $95 on there...and new they're right around $360. Just be sure it's the Holley store.

LMC has replacement carbs.

If I've said it one, I've said it eleventeen bajillion times...stay away from LMC like the plague. I guess you gotta live and learn...and usually that won't happen until you buy a pricey part and it's dented right out of the box, or rusted through in 6 months, or you realize how cheap their products really are.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Dad bought bumpers for his chevy a couple times after one winter here theyd be ruined. While I have the original chrome front bumper on the 85 and not a spec of rust on it.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
If I've said it one, I've said it eleventeen bajillion times...stay away from LMC like the plague. I guess you gotta live and learn...and usually that won't happen until you buy a pricey part and it's dented right out of the box, or rusted through in 6 months, or you realize how cheap their products really are.

I haven't looked at my LMC catalog lately,but I coulda sworn they listed factory carter replacement carbs,which shouldn't be crappy like the rest of LMC's parts.That's the only reason I mentioned them.If they don't list factory replacement Carters,then I retract the statement.Trust me,I know how much LMC's parts suck.I sat on an LMC tailgate once and bowed it right down the center.I don't even weigh that much.

Buying from LMC is like buying from JC Whitney,it's cheap reproduction crap.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts