Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LEB #project: leftovers

SC
Heres a build Paul and I put together to give someone an excellent bracket race or mud drag package at an affordable entry level price. $4000 no core. I dare anyone to duplicate this engine for less than $6000 in parts alone.

The same attention to detail and quality parts(in many cases, better) are used with this engine compared to our 400hp-500hp builds.

Ford 466", Forged 12:1 with Ackerly and Childs 2nd and oil rings, Hellfire top ring, CJ rods shot peened magnafluxed and resized with ARP football bolts, King HP bearings, Durabond coated cam bearings, ARP everything- main studs, head bolts, cam bolt, rod bolts, oil pan studs, distributor stud, valve cover studs, carb studs, oil pump studs and oil pump driveshaft, Custom solid lift +.600" cam with matching trick flow springs, retainers, locks and locators, recurved distributor, Max effort ported D3 heads with machined bosses(not conversion studs!), roller rockers and guide plates, Max effort ported Weiand Stealth intake, High volume oil pump, baffled CJ oil pan, Flowcooler high volume water pump, Old School Ford Motorsports valve covers, HVH super sucker carb spacer and 850 mech sec carb.

Should make 575+hp and turn 6700-7000rpm on 110octane. Will not run on pump gas and will not have the eccentric for a mechanical fuel pump. This is not a streetable engine.

ALMACK valve cover girdles

[/URL

[URL=http://s253.photobucket.com/user/STGFordCrazy04/media/DSCN5000_zpsf13cbe6e.jpg.html]

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I can't see the pics at work, but the write up sounds awesome. Great work

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles