Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about selling the 98....

I have come to the conclusion that I have waisted too much time and money on the truck over the last 2 1/2ish years. Now the trans is starting to flare from 2-3 gear up or down shifting when it's warm. I called the trans shop that rebuilt the trans but I'm waiting for the owner who I know fairly well to call me back if it is a s cheap fix I will do it then put it up for sell. If its an expensive fix I will lower helge price down a little and sell it. I hate to see it go but I'm getting tired if working on it constantly. Also the time and mileage is out of warranty in the trans.

Well the truck is fixed it was a seal on the 3-4 accumulator and the piston was a little scored so the whole valve body was replaced. The guy didn't charge me anything witch was really nice. But I'm still going to sell it. I hate to say it I have caught jeep fever from my co workers!! My dad is giving me his 96 sport it needs some steering and few odds and ends so I'm thinking lift and rims and tires. This will mean i will no longer be a F150 owner:( so maybe in the future I will own a gen 7 or 9. I have really thought about it and the jeep is more practical and more fuel efficient than my truck I will miss it but at this point in my life the jeep is better option at least for now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You gotta do what is best for your situation.

Drive my truck home and it still has a problem:( it will go into a neutral type state on a steady cruise around 60 and if you give it throttle it revs up but doesn't speed up. All the 2-3 shift flare is gone and 3-4 flare is gone. Just down shifting or kicking it out of lock up it acts up. Put 30 miles on the interstate and it shifted perfect all the way into 4th and lock up. Soo I guess it will go back to the trans shop again. I want it right even though I'm selling it. The only other thing I thought of would be when I removed the edge cs I didn't restore it correctly to stock. I remember it going into stock programming but it still had custom shift points on the pids when I was looking over to make sure it was done correctly. I can reprogram the PCM at work which I might try.

The owner of the trans shop apologized for not getting it fixed he personally did not drive my truck when it was in the first time but he did drive it this time he is going to pull the trans and see what's going on it will be later this week before I will get it back. Hopefully it will be ok so I can clean it up and get it ready to sell.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Good luck on the sale.
I had to chuckle when you said Jeep sport and fuel efficient. My wife had a 06 Wrangler with a 4.0
and is lucky if she gets 17mpg aerodynamics of a brick.
She runs her stuff like its stolen, I refuse to drive it never sat in the drivers seat. My Dad has a willy's all original that one I would own and drive its just a cool old keep.

I should say I use fuel efficient loosely with the jeep. Anything that gets better than 14 is an improvement over the truck. Idk but the cherokee got 21 on the interstate all the time but my dad left it stock with street tires too.. It was also a 5 speed manual and I think the rear gears are around 3.08 if I'm not mistaken. I'm look at probably around 17 with it lifted and 31s maybe if I baby it 19.

null_zps1cc5f866.jpg
null_zpsea3722d5.jpg
null_zpsf66ce076.jpg
null_zps8f284427.jpg
null_zpsf6c1ad07.jpg
null_zpsc50cb689.jpg
null_zps081081d3.jpg
null_zps96e589a2.jpg

Cleaned the truck today!! It's ready to sell!!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Pretty truck glws

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Truck sold this afternoon . I was a little sad to see it go but I'm glad now I can move on to another project. This is what I will be working on as soon as the lift kit and tires are ordered and they arrive.
jyge7yge.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might get a 2 dr Cherokee that my dad and I lifted and put brand new tires and rims on. Then we had a brand new clutch put in it and water pump. It's a 4 banger and gets about 20. They aren't bad jeeps, I like em.

If I do get it ill probably throw 1/2 ton axles under it and a 302 :) eventually...

Might get a 2 dr Cherokee that my dad and I lifted and put brand new tires and rims on. Then we had a brand new clutch put in it and water pump. It's a 4 banger and gets about 20. They aren't bad jeeps, I like em.

Sounds like a fun project. I just ordered a 4.5" rough county x series lift kit and I'm shopping for wheels and tires. I'm pretty much set on ion alloy 174 style wheels 15x8 and 33x12.5 falken wild peak at's I'm just looking for the best deal. I will post some pics in the off road thread once I start. I have a little rust repair to do on the rear sub frame before I get the rear leaf springs installed.
If I do get it ill probably throw 1/2 ton axles under it and a 302 :) eventually...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we were going to go with the 4.5 or 4 but the 2.5 was only 250 with shocks. it used blocks in the fron so we used the stock boot plus the ones that came with the lift to make it sit a little more level. put some aggresive street tires on it and it turned out pretty good.

Ford Truck Articles